12 month 10,000 mile tyres?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Your average Yank wants more miles per tyre and gets it.
And is less bothered about handling and ride, similarly don’t have corners and roundabouts!
Their tyres are therefore compounded for wear and running resistance - ever notice there is an extra piece of data on some tyres called ‘treadwear’...but look on uk tyre web sites they’ll tell you how to read a tyre but never mention that bit?
Except this one
http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyres-ratings-nhtsa/explanation-tread-wear-ratings/

Last edited:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Must admit they have a few corners in the America I go to and these, just not so many this ones in Maryland.

ROUNDABOUT-1-jumbo.jpg

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Must admit they have a few corners in the America I go to and these, just not so many this ones in Maryland.

ROUNDABOUT-1-jumbo.jpg
Many less in the United States of Texas, which apparently is the only bit that matters :)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

ROUNDABOUT-1-jumbo.jpg
Yeah but that’s got a speed limit of 35mph and is pretty much the turning circle of an American car anyway, so top Grip hardly needed!!! ;)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
So the question must arise, on the few roundabouts and sharp corners, do they have run off areas or maybe catch nets.
Do the Lawyers sit at the corners with their pens poised ?
The most important use of grip though is to stop, are their stopping distance longer commensurately further with their longer lasting tyres ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
So the question must arise, on the few roundabouts and sharp corners, do they have run off areas or maybe catch nets.
The most important use of grip though is to stop, are their stopping distance longer commensurately further with their longer lasting tyres ?
Possibly, yes and yes

e55amggary

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220cdi sport edition Auto / A6 2.7tdi Quattro s line Avant
I use tyreleader on the net

very good deals to be had.

You have to buy in pairs though, then get them fitted yourself

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
+1 for tyreleader, I have a local fitter who fits/balances for £10 per corner! I like the way Tyreleader's website gives you the EU wet/noise and economy ratings for most tyres, and also flags tyres that have rim protection - don't know if you can get that on 19'2 though, as my cars are 16" and 17"!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Runoff areas are 40 yards wide and called the “verge” or “median”.

It’s America we’re talking about, they’re doubled up on each corner just so they don’t miss traffic in the oncoming lane!

No, because their typical 55mph speed limit means they’re starting from a lower baseline ;) ;)

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I use tyreleader on the net
very good deals to be had.

Tyreleader must be the single worst company to deal with when an order goes wrong, and it does frequently. Try looking up a phone number or any way to actually speak to someone, it's impossible. And you'll wait forever for any resolution or refund your due.

Russ

e55amggary

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220cdi sport edition Auto / A6 2.7tdi Quattro s line Avant
Never had an issue with them myself

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Never had an issue with them myself

I've used them 3 times and had 2 big issues, never dealt with such an anonymous company with such a couldn't care less customer attitude before, never ever again. Before anyone places an order with them, do a search on how to contact anyone in the company to sort out your problem. Head Office is in Andorra (tax haven), tyre warehouse is in Germany, no phone numbers, only e-mail ticket option to raise a complaint, and then you wait.............!

Russ

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom