124 engine mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C32
Hi All

After trying to eleminate a variety of potential sources for screeching sounds I get when driving along, I have come to the conclusion that it is being caused by some components rubbing as a result of the engine dropping due to knackered engine mounts. I intend to change them over Xmas but looking at eurocarparts and GSF I am not sure what parts I need. Does anyone know if the mounts the same for all 124 series engines (mines a 111)?

Thanks and happy Xmas

OP
J

JonathanC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C32
HI Mate

Good point - but GSF are doing them cheaper but don't seem to be very knowledgeable as they only list parts for 102 or 103 engines. I seem to vaguely remeber a post (that I can't find!) saying that all the mounts were the same , the only difference being whether they were for a car with A/C or not. If someone could confirm / deny this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
JonathanC said:
HI Mate

Good point - but GSF are doing them cheaper but don't seem to be very knowledgeable as they only list parts for 102 or 103 engines. I seem to vaguely remeber a post (that I can't find!) saying that all the mounts were the same , the only difference being whether they were for a car with A/C or not. If someone could confirm / deny this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
They are the same only the diesel is different. Hope this helps.

200e

Banned
Reaction score
Landover says
[They are the same only the diesel is different. Hope this helps]

:oops: You are wrong landover there are two different mountings 1 set
is for vehicle with air con the other is for non-air con. Jonathan
hasten got a diesel he is telling You that by
saying it is a 111 model engine so no need for diesel mountings. :oops:

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
200e said:
Landover says
[They are the same only the diesel is different. Hope this helps]

:oops: You are wrong landover there are two different mountings 1 set
is for vehicle with air con the other is for non-air con. Jonathan
hasten got a diesel he is telling You that by
saying it is a 111 model engine so no need for diesel mountings. :oops:
I know he does not have a diesel.But the ones from german swedish will fit his car. [petrol]

OP
J

JonathanC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C32
Thanks for the advice guys. After having spoken to GSF and not getting very far, I think I will be going to Euro for the mounts. They maybe more expensive but I feel confident that I will get the right bits!

Thanks and happy Xmas

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
JonathanC said:
Thanks for the advice guys. After having spoken to GSF and not getting very far, I think I will be going to Euro for the mounts. They maybe more expensive but I feel confident that I will get the right bits!

Thanks and happy Xmas

Probably better with Euro They can supply Oe parts as well. Hope you get sorted out ok .Have a nice xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom