124 engine mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C32
Hi All

After trying to eleminate a variety of potential sources for screeching sounds I get when driving along, I have come to the conclusion that it is being caused by some components rubbing as a result of the engine dropping due to knackered engine mounts. I intend to change them over Xmas but looking at eurocarparts and GSF I am not sure what parts I need. Does anyone know if the mounts the same for all 124 series engines (mines a 111)?

Thanks and happy Xmas

OP
J

JonathanC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C32
HI Mate

Good point - but GSF are doing them cheaper but don't seem to be very knowledgeable as they only list parts for 102 or 103 engines. I seem to vaguely remeber a post (that I can't find!) saying that all the mounts were the same , the only difference being whether they were for a car with A/C or not. If someone could confirm / deny this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
JonathanC said:
HI Mate

Good point - but GSF are doing them cheaper but don't seem to be very knowledgeable as they only list parts for 102 or 103 engines. I seem to vaguely remeber a post (that I can't find!) saying that all the mounts were the same , the only difference being whether they were for a car with A/C or not. If someone could confirm / deny this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
They are the same only the diesel is different. Hope this helps.

200e

Banned
Reaction score
Landover says
[They are the same only the diesel is different. Hope this helps]

:oops: You are wrong landover there are two different mountings 1 set
is for vehicle with air con the other is for non-air con. Jonathan
hasten got a diesel he is telling You that by
saying it is a 111 model engine so no need for diesel mountings. :oops:

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
200e said:
Landover says
[They are the same only the diesel is different. Hope this helps]

:oops: You are wrong landover there are two different mountings 1 set
is for vehicle with air con the other is for non-air con. Jonathan
hasten got a diesel he is telling You that by
saying it is a 111 model engine so no need for diesel mountings. :oops:
I know he does not have a diesel.But the ones from german swedish will fit his car. [petrol]

OP
J

JonathanC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C32
Thanks for the advice guys. After having spoken to GSF and not getting very far, I think I will be going to Euro for the mounts. They maybe more expensive but I feel confident that I will get the right bits!

Thanks and happy Xmas

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
JonathanC said:
Thanks for the advice guys. After having spoken to GSF and not getting very far, I think I will be going to Euro for the mounts. They maybe more expensive but I feel confident that I will get the right bits!

Thanks and happy Xmas

Probably better with Euro They can supply Oe parts as well. Hope you get sorted out ok .Have a nice xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom