190E 2.3 16v Probate Valuation Help / Suggestions

Rob Eggleshaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190E 2.3-16 1986
Hi chaps and chapesses,

Sorry I don't contribute a great deal but I do pop in and use these forums as a resource.

Any tips for valuing a 190E 2.3-16v for:

1) Probate (so a reasonable selling price if one were to simply sell it one day)

2) Splitting with a sibling (ie, one to keep, one to have been 'paid' their half)

3) Insurance!

The car is currently off the road and body work needs attention (water ingress around sunroof, and boot. Rust bubbles beginning to show around the arches. Sunroof doesn't work. Fan motors whistle. Bonnet felt comes into the cabin :eek:D etc) But, engine is sweet and with TLC it could be certainly made to run as a good example. Mileage is 230k. It was used as a daily car until about 8 years ago.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Nice restoration project for somebody. :) But as to the value ? For probate I think you need three valuations in writing and if my memory serves me they take the middle one :rolleyes::)

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Difficult to say without seeing in the flesh or at least some detailed photos. Projects do seem to reach £4/5k though.

js190d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1991 w201 190d 2.5/ 2002 s210 320cdi avantgarde
You could also use the completed listings function on ebay which will tell you what the cars actually sold for.

Value on a car like this is really down to what someone is willing to pay and with the valver w201's many bodywork issues are caused by and hidden at the same time by the bodykit. Definately worth more than scrap value though if the engine runs.

OP
Rob Eggleshaw

Rob Eggleshaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190E 2.3-16 1986
cheers guys, I'm torn between keeping it and embarking on a costly refurb over the years or just selling it. It was the old man's pride and joy though so I feel a real attachment.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Depends on how much of the work you can do yourself, otherwise the 'project' could cost more than the car is worth. I've always had a soft spot for these cars and would love to see it back to it's former glory but, don't let your emotions rule your wallet (being your dad's car) as it could be costly. Good luck whichever way you choose to go.

js190d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1991 w201 190d 2.5/ 2002 s210 320cdi avantgarde
cheers guys, I'm torn between keeping it and embarking on a costly refurb over the years or just selling it. It was the old man's pride and joy though so I feel a real attachment.
Well then it needs to be made roadworthy again. You don't need to fully restore it just do what needs to be done to get an MOT and then improve it in time. Best of luck they are great cars.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom