190e with a leak into the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

whizzo

Reaction score
I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding a leak into my boot. I'm afraid that if I don't takle it rust will develop.
The leak can be quite substantial at times, and I think it comes from the rear window seal. Plugs in the boot have been removed to let the flood out!
If any of you can offer some advice on how to fix it I'd be obliged.

DavidBlake

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 190E. You can get fluids at Halfords to soak down between the glass and the rubber seal it sits in. That cured the problem on mine. Obviously the rubber to metal seal was ok.
good luck.

Reaction score
boot leak

you'd never believe how much water can get in when the tiny rubber 'o' ring seal around the lock perishes. If its not your window seal then this would be well worth replacing. Cheap and quite a nice little job to do too!

steveperry

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedes-benz.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2010 CLS350CDI Gr.Ed.
Agree with both posts. My previous car, 1986 190E, also let water into the boot. In my case the bodywork was rusting under the window seal (bottom of the window) on the near side of the car and this was never really fully cured despite my numerous attempts to plug the gap.

The boot lock seal perishing is another well documented route for water ingress into the W201's boot.

S.

Locry

Reaction score
you might also want to check the rubber seal around the gas-refill neck, water can get in from there... also the seal around the tail lights are also suspect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom