1987 190E Auto Standard/Eco mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Bown

New Registration
Reaction score
If I start my car in standard mode and whilst travelling switch to economy, but then try and switch back to standard it won't and stays in economy mode.
At the end of my journey I lifted the bonnet and the (new) vacuum solenoid is cutting the vacuum off when I switch to standard mode and switching to and from modes whilst on tickover and works perfectly so the problem just seems to be while on the move.
Any ideas / help greatly appreciated, thanks !

Neil Eglintine

Reaction score
Just leave it in standard mode!

In my experience, economy mode does nothing to help your economy, and just irritates when you want to overtake something.

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Id have to agree with Neil there im afraid, the Economy mode is nowt but a pain in the rear...like he says, it dosent really do anything for fuel economy, and its also pretty dangerous if you want to make a quick getaway at a roundabout or something, as the kickdown into 1st dosent happen!..ps, why do 190 auto's pull away in second anyway??

Neil Eglintine

Reaction score
Most MB gearboxes of the same generation have second gear start. If you really nail the pedal, it will use first. Alternatively, drop the lever into low gear hold, and then back to drive, and it starts in first every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom