1992 S Class 300se, problems with oil/economy & rev counter

AlexJ

Reaction score
Hi sorry this is my first post, i have a just recently purchased a 300se S Class that has not been used for a few years apparently (surplus to requirements) I have driven about a 1000 miles in it, love the car but it has a problem with the rev counter, oil and economy gauge work, than stop, work than stop, there is no regular pattern to it happening but i would like to get it sorted.

Also today I went out to use it,started it up and then pulled away it was as though it would not let me acclerate past 20mph, it felt like its was surging. I pulled over but when revved it it would not rev past 2 or 3000rpm but i then turned the engine off than restarted it and it revved freely but after a few minutes it started doing it again....

Help please, need the car for tomorrow any ideas what could be wrong???:confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance

P.S. Cards behind the bar being a newbie and all that!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
AlexJ said:
Hi sorry this is my first post, i have a just recently purchased a 300se S Class that has not been used for a few years apparently (surplus to requirements) I have driven about a 1000 miles in it, love the car but it has a problem with the rev counter, oil and economy gauge work, than stop, work than stop, there is no regular pattern to it happening but i would like to get it sorted.

Also today I went out to use it,started it up and then pulled away it was as though it would not let me acclerate past 20mph, it felt like its was surging. I pulled over but when revved it it would not rev past 2 or 3000rpm but i then turned the engine off than restarted it and it revved freely but after a few minutes it started doing it again....

Help please, need the car for tomorrow any ideas what could be wrong???:confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance

P.S. Cards behind the bar being a newbie and all that!!!

first thing that I would do would be to clean the fuses and fuse holders in all fuse and relay boxes with a good electrical switch cleaner.

Malcolm

OP
A

AlexJ

Reaction score
ok will do, hopeull it'll work!!!! Keep you posted!!!:D :D

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom