1994 C Class 1.8 Espirit

ericdanquah

Reaction score
Hi Guys I Have Problem With My W202 1.8 When Ur Doing Say 20 Plus The Engine Temperature Is Stable But When The Car Becomes Idle And The Engine Is Running The Temperature Start To Rise To The Red Mark But As Soon As You Start To Drive It The Temps Comes Normal. Is Any One There Who Knows What Is Happening.
Moreover Sometimes When The Car Is On The Run And The Speed Drops Down Below 20 The Engine Dies Unless I Start It Again.
Any One There To Help Me ??????????????????????????????/

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Is your fan working? if not as you drive the air flow through the rad is enough to cool the car but when you stop with no air flowing the car overheats.

OP
E

ericdanquah

Reaction score
Fan Turns

YEAH THE FAN IS RUNNING ALRIGHT THOUGH , YOU KNOW SOME CARS WHEN YOU STOP AND TURN THE IGNITION OFF U CAN HEAR THE FAN STILL RUNNING BUT THIS DONT DO THAT.
ANYWAY WHEN U START THE ENGINE ONE CAN SEE THE FAN TURNING :confused:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I don't know if your fan is viscous coupled, but since you say it turns when you start the engine it sounds like it is. However the viscous coupling may have failed, the fan is just turning round and not drawing air through the radiator. Malcolm (TV) has posted a number of replies to this and has suggested the 'carrot' test for a viscous fan. Get the car up to temperature +85' the fan should running and be able to slice a carrot in half. Just be really careful when you try this.
Here is one thread;
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=17830&highlight=carrot

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom