1997 320SL KIckdown issue

vandergraafuk

Reaction score
HEllo Forum,

I just bought myself a 320SL. I have noticed one problem is that when I use the kick down the revs just go up the engine misfires and it wont change gear afterwards. This happened the other day after I had kicked down the car had no power then misfired badly till I turned off the ignition, restarted the engine. All was ok after that. I have not tried that since as I thought the car would not make it home. What is strange is that it accelerates fine just as long as you don't activate the kickdown switch. Any ideas and thought greatley appreciated.

Regards.

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated
On my W126 500SEL I found the Kickdown switch connector to be a two pin affair which you could put on the wrong way round.
I found the car did not change gear if on wrong.

Have only yesterday put back the connector and it has the emblem facing the footwell. Blank side facing you if you are putting it on.

Not sure if this is of any help.

OP
V

vandergraafuk

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,
I don't think its an issue with the kickdown switch as it works. I drops down ok its just as if it was a maual gbox the revs fly round to the redline engines midfires terribly then if you take your foot of the accelerator pedal wont change back up. The engine then continues to misfire until the ignition is switched off then back on. Correct me if I am wrong but it has all the tell tale signs of some sort of electrical problem???????

Regards

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom