1998 SL320 Evaporator Temp Sensor location

SW10_driver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Black SL320
Hi All -

There has been much written about the Evaporator Temp sensor failing in previous posts, so I am certain that I will need to replace it.

I am however struggling with the location and how I would get to it on my car. So before I start removing panels, I would like to confirm if anyone in this forum has illustrations or photos that may help with the task at hand.

This is for a UK spec car, so I would also like to confirm that the location remains the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,,it sits behind the radio and air con control box, so you need the 2 keys to pull it out.

I can help you with some more info but I have to go out on calls right now

OP
S

SW10_driver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Black SL320
Dear Malcom,

Many thanks for your reply. I've had a different stereo fitted, so will need to see how it was fitted and how best to pull it out. Does the climate control panel need to be removed as well? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ed

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Send me your Email address and I will send you the details

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom