2001 clk w208 convertible roof not working

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
How do you remove the bow up/down limit switch off the piston and where does it plug into please
It just clips onto the ram, literally click to fit. It plugs in in the corner under the rear seat base. There are a couple of cable clips on the wire. One of them is difficult

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
The part is discontinued at Mercedes now, unfortunately. They come up on eBay occasionally

Aman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W216 2007
I think you have a limit switch fault on the left hand ram that lifts the rear screen section of the roof. You will need to manually lift the rear screen section to see it, and must follow the correct proceedure to do that. The switch clips to the ram body and the moving slide clips to the piston rod end. If you look it has probably bent and come off at the piston rod end. The fault code you posted earlier relates to this limit switch.
Hello Uncle Benz, hope all well...I need help regarding the above, I have the same issue where the sliding part had popped off, the end Grove has snapped, furthermore the black plastic sliding part has bent by me trying to push it back in... can this be fixed by taking the rear passenger side panel...or should I buy a replacement part being the plastic slider...its about £90 for this part alone...a new complete ram is £300 used on ebay...any help appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230503-222032_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230503-222032_Chrome.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230509-181219_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230509-181219_Chrome.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 7

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
You might get away with just the slide shown in your picture, but putting it together will be tricky. If you can find the whole sensor that’s the best way, but they are unavailable from Mercedes now, so secondhand is your only option

Aman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W216 2007
You might get away with just the slide shown in your picture, but putting it together will be tricky. If you can find the whole sensor that’s the best way, but they are unavailable from Mercedes now, so secondhand is your only option
Many thanks...I am in the process of sourcing the whole unit as suggested...trouble is as these cars are getting past 20 years old parts are getting difficult to obtain without getting ripped off...cheers Aman

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom