2002 w209 clk ESP problem ?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
As I said in post #7 approx £230 from MB.

I'd suggest taking the airbag off and checking the physical positioning of the steering wheel. Make the indices line up as shown in the video. Might it be possible someone has had the wheel off before?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Ok I've had the tracking done which was way out, the car is still the same though is there anyway I can recall rate this now? I've tried wiping fault away but still coming up as steering angle sensor fault zero point variation ? Anyone know the cheapest place to buy one of these? And how much am I looking at?

Is the car still the same re the driving or just the ESP message

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
Ok I've had the tracking done which was way out, the car is still the same though is there anyway I can recall rate this now? I've tried wiping fault away but still coming up as steering angle sensor fault zero point variation ? Anyone know the cheapest place to buy one of these? And how much am I looking at?

How far have you driven it? A few miles of straight road ideally.
Failing that, you might have to reset the zero point offset to zero to let it relearn.

OP
A

allforfun

Reaction score
Yes cars still driving terrible I've driven it about 5 miles down motorway but still the same so it's looking like the sensor has gone ? Are there any fuses or connections I can check first?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Something is bent badly on the suspension, ESP lamp on will not cause this

OP
A

allforfun

Reaction score
Suspension is fine infact cars just gone through an MOT no bent arms anywhere on the car the fault is still coming up as steering angle sensor so I'm thinking I need a new one of these as I don't know how to calibrate this one

OP
A

allforfun

Reaction score
And ESP light is not on just comes up on the display ESP fault visit workshop.

OP
A

allforfun

Reaction score
A strange thing just happened when driving the car basically the ESP fault changed to ESP not on check owners manual then it disappereard altogether and showed no fault for about 5 mins then yellow triangle flashed up and fault came back I switched car f when I got home and it's now showing ESP switched of please see owners manual is there any chance this can be a loose conection somewhere or dirty contacts? Any more ideas?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is all very hard, you had damage to the suspension/ steering a fault code read out could help

If the steering wheel is not in the straight ahead position when you are going straight ahead then that will not help

Last edited:
OP
A

allforfun

Reaction score
I've never had damage to suspension ? I hit a pothole but there no damage?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom