2003 E320 Key Headache

nokia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde
Hi All

Both my keys seem to have split on the push button sections. I know it sounds daft but it look like it has cracked due to the cold weather???

Off I went onto ebay and purchased a replacement key shell. Arrived this morning, took old key apart - all good, but as I go to put the pcb into the replacement shell, a component fell off as the case was quite tight and probably a rubbish copy.

I phone up Merc and they want £230 for a replacement. Just wondering if there is anyone is able to recommend me a place to either re code a key or repair at reasonable cost?

Any help appreciated. Merry Xmas to all too.:):)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Can you please put up a picture of the part that fell off I can fix some keys

Fleetwood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005. SL350
I think Television (Malcolm ) is the man for repairing your key if you still have all the bits

I bought the 3button case from eBay America and its perfect cost about £13 all in and put my PCB in to it fine

OP
N

nokia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde
Thanks fellas

Its the gold sensor thing to the side which has fallen off.

Any help appreciated.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
For comparison.

Dec
attachment.php

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you wish to send it to me I will re fit it for you for the cost of the postage

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom