2010 CL500 Issues

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
White 2018 C200 Coupe AMG Line Premium
Hey guys!

Finally picked up my dream car yesterday! This is the nicest car I’ve ever driven even though I had a much newer C Coupe and E Coupe.

The car wasn’t very expensive so I did expect I’ll be doing a little work, which I’m very happy to do. Therefore, I would be very grateful if you could help me with some advice for this list I managed to gather having gone through the manual:

1- Parking Guidance Unavailable and Blind Spot Assistance Unavailable: my parking camera works but none of the sensors do. As soon as I get in the car I get messages saying the above and I can’t get the sensors or parking guidance or blind spot to work.

2- Advice to remove the hideous fake AMG badging without damaging the paint?

3- I am planning on upgrading the screen to an android wide touch screen. Any suggestions to something that has Apple car play and maintains original functionality?

4- The rear window blinds make a terrible noise after they’ve been put down. Any ideas?

5- The car has keyless entry button on the door. How do I make it work?

6- Any suggestions for upgrading the yellow headlights? Would changing the bulbs suffice in giving a bright white look or do I need to change the whole unit? I think the most yellow ones are actually the daytime running lights!

7- The steering wheel vibrates a little (nothing major) over 50mph. Rear tyres are brand new but they’re all budget tyres. Could this just be a tyre issue or possibly alignment or balancing?

8- Last but not least, any ideas for performance mods? Looking at getting a stage 1 remap through MSL tuning and possibly stage 2 with decats. Any experience with adding a hybrid turbo at all?

I apologise for my very long post. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• 0CEBA1DD-A65D-4B81-AD2A-B0360FF608F8.jpeg
    0CEBA1DD-A65D-4B81-AD2A-B0360FF608F8.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 19
  • ED8BAC0D-62BC-4767-8CA1-C2278D6E1FB7.jpeg
    ED8BAC0D-62BC-4767-8CA1-C2278D6E1FB7.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 19

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Those wing and boot badges should come off with some fishing line or dental floss - you can apply a bit of heat with a hairdryer first then clean up any residue with WD40 before applying some polish

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Badges as above.
Headlights, upgrade to better bulbs, if they are halogen. Decent clean always helps.

OP
Ali Ayman

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
White 2018 C200 Coupe AMG Line Premium
Those wing and boot badges should come off with some fishing line or dental floss - you can apply a bit of heat with a hairdryer first then clean up any residue with WD40 before applying some polish
Thank you very much!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Advice to remove the hideous fake AMG badging without damaging the paint?
As has been said heat then peel off, lots of heat with a hairdryer though, they will peel off easier then you will be able to rub most of the excess glue off and a polish after.

The rear window blinds make a terrible noise after they’ve been put down. Any ideas?

Dry spray lube??

Any suggestions for upgrading the yellow headlights? Would changing the bulbs suffice in giving a bright white look or do I need to change the whole unit? I think the most yellow ones are actually the daytime running lights!

It will be the bulbs, look on Osram's site, the side and main beam will be Xenons

The steering wheel vibrates a little (nothing major) over 50mph. Rear tyres are brand new but they’re all budget tyres. Could this just be a tyre issue or possibly alignment or balancing?

I would have full Hunter Laser alignment done and get all the wheels re-balanced also look at putting decent (Goodyear, Michelin) tyres on

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Wow , very nice buddy

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned that you should get an independent to put the car on a STAR machine to get a full diagnostic.
Parking sensors can fail, but then you need to know whether its, front or back or both!
The blind spot assist uses radar and so that really will need STAR to track down.
Keyless entry should just work, but its possible that the key fob has been dropped which may have damaged the antenna coil connection. Do you have this issue with both keys?
Rear window blind often have issues due to lack of lubrication.
New bulbs for the lights Osram are good, they'll take a little time to burn in and reach peak output. Don't go high on the Kelvin scale as the bluer they get the less output you have - about 4800-5000K is close to daylight I think.
Steering wheel shake indicates an issue upfront, wheel balance first but also worth checking for any loose control arm bushes or bearings.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom