2010 W212 Reverse beeping sound & more

Alex240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 E350 Agantgarde
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to deactivate the horrendous beeping noise that comes on when you're in reverse gear. I have no idea why anyone at Mercedes thought it would be a good idea to have a loud, distracting beeping sound when you're trying to concentrate on reversing. I, & probably most others, use all the senses when reversing, & it's ****** distracting, verging on dangerous, to have that horrible noise overwhelming my hearing, & it's especially important to me here in Japan because I have to get into some tight spaces, and there are dopey cyclists and pedestrians flinging themselves all over the place without thinking.

Anyway, I'd really like to turn it off. If anyone can tell me how I'd be extremely grateful. And while I'm on the topic of noises, that seatbelt beeping has to go too. And also the voice that pops up on COMAND to tell me there's a railway crossing ahead, could do with being switched off.

Thanks.

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
It's for the US market where they don't have much ability to drive.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
..... And while I'm on the topic of noises, that seatbelt beeping has to go too. ....

It was tried on my car with STAR (of sorts :rolleyes:) and apparently you need a note from the Hinterland to be allowed to. ;)

My car's tailgate dings as it opens & closes .... obviously not just a Merc thing, as I've seen other Merc estates with quiet tailgates ..... but it seems that Merc USA tied the dinger in with the open/close electrickery as it doesn't work if you just disconnect the dinger. I'm sure my neighbours are really pleased about being warned of my opening/closing tailgate late at night or early in the morning!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It it could be the sensor is at fault.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
It's for the US market where they don't have much ability to drive.
That's where they designed the label for the battery that said;

"Warning - Do not drink the acid in this battery" !!!

gliggsy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 cls320
Find the sound source and tape some sponge over it

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
It was tried on my car with STAR (of sorts :rolleyes:) and apparently you need a note from the Hinterland to be allowed to. ;)

My car's tailgate dings as it opens & closes .... obviously not just a Merc thing, as I've seen other Merc estates with quiet tailgates ..... but it seems that Merc USA tied the dinger in with the open/close electrickery as it doesn't work if you just disconnect the dinger. I'm sure my neighbours are really pleased about being warned of my opening/closing tailgate late at night or early in the morning!

My S212 only warns if you use the key fob or button on the drivers door. If you use the boot handle it doesn't warn you. Which stands to reason as you'd expect it to open if you pressed the handle button.

It also beeps when reversing. But only once close to an object.

Last edited:

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
Are you sure its not a after marking PDC system, My Merc doesn't start bleeping till the RED led's start to show, even then its very quiet and annoying, I almost hit a car while reversing, goes all silence and then all of a sudden "BEEEPPPPP"! Ducking idot of a car!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom