2012 C180 Estate auto -thermometer symbol on multifunction display.

Disillusioned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180 Elegance 2012
Had the car for a couple of weeks now, but today the multifunction display flipped between normal display mode and a black screen with an amber thermometer in the middle. (No message). Engine temperature was pretty constant at just over 80c

According to the handbook the thermometer symbol is red, not amber, and its appearance denotes a duff fan. Symbol was most definately amber, and not red.

Curiously the amber symbol showed up at notorious frost pockets for a few hundred metres at a time on a day where the temperature struggled at 5c.

Unfortunately I had switched off the car before checking for faults on the service menu (and I understand this clears some fault messages), but there were no faults listed.

Don't want to look an idiot taking the car to the dealer only to be told the car was warning of low outside temperatures, rather than a fan problem.

Can anyone throw any light on this, particularly whether the handbook author was a little colourblind.

Many thanks.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
Sure you didn't just hit the up button when showing the odometer?

This flicks between odometer and temp display, press again and it shows outside temp., press one more and shows miles till next service.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
I wouldn't worry about it, it was yellow.

Maybe the contact in your steering wheel buttons is on the way out?
My volume started to play up, press vol down and it went up.

OP
D

Disillusioned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180 Elegance 2012
Progress?

Fault has now developed.

Visit to MB Teesside diagnosed software upgrade required. Upgrade done, problem worse! 5 miles into journey home, fault icon reappeared. Waste of 80odd mile round trip, and two hours waiting time.

Unlocking vehicle prompts cooling fan to start - with a vengeance! (Cold engine). Cooling fan also runs continuously engine running, and for some considerable time after vehicle parked after a journey (Even though engine coolant at 80c).

Offside bonnet catch pops, showing on multifunction display - panic when driving!

Service indicator, after 600 miles from first registration 29th Sep 2012, shows first service due mid July - presumably was not reset when the vehicle was registered.

Complaint to MB. MB Maastricht say service manager advises no fan fault, and serice indicator correct?????

Vehicle to be picked up tomorrow to dispel my concerns. Unfortunately I love the car - just want it sorting, so if anyone has any ideas as to what is causing the fan faults I suspect MB Teesside could do with the assistance!

Thanks

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom