2013 SL 500 Keyless locking

pomm001

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R231 A clas W169
I have searched this topic and read lots, but still have a couple of questions regarding its operation:

It looks as if my car doesn’t have the 'double lock' feature ie pressing the remote twice quickly and a red indicator light on the fob once completed
vehicle registered 31.12.2013.
The key fob does go to sleep after about 15 minutes or so, i locked the car in the garage and left the fob on the roof, the doors would not unlock when the handle was touched, after disturbing the fob it did, if the fob is the actually 'asleep' is it safe to assume in this condition there is no signal to 'relay' by a would be thief ?

Can the keyless be disabled using Star ? read so much on ghost type immobiliser systems, people claim they can be disabled very quickly because fitters almost always fit the hardware in the same place in certain models.

A topic that comes up frequently is to move the physical OBD plug by and extension lead away from the standard place, can a key be cloned quickly from the OBD port ?

Lots or reports of people selling a MB someone comes to view it and its stolen the next day ?

Thoughts please

Many thanks

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
I have searched this topic and read lots, but still have a couple of questions regarding its operation:

It looks as if my car doesn’t have the 'double lock' feature ie pressing the remote twice quickly and a red indicator light on the fob once completed
vehicle registered 31.12.2013.
The key fob does go to sleep after about 15 minutes or so, i locked the car in the garage and left the fob on the roof, the doors would not unlock when the handle was touched, after disturbing the fob it did, if the fob is the actually 'asleep' is it safe to assume in this condition there is no signal to 'relay' by a would be thief ?

Can the keyless be disabled using Star ? read so much on ghost type immobiliser systems, people claim they can be disabled very quickly because fitters almost always fit the hardware in the same place in certain models.

A topic that comes up frequently is to move the physical OBD plug by and extension lead away from the standard place, can a key be cloned quickly from the OBD port ?

Lots or reports of people selling a MB someone comes to view it and its stolen the next day ?

Thoughts please

Many thanks
The sooner manufacturers stop producing keyless entry the better in my opinion, so pleased not to have it on my R231..

Tracker/ghost is your only solace.

Mercedes SL500 R231

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom