2015 CLS Shooting Brake Sagging suspension

christopher guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS shooting brake 2015 2.1 diesel
Hi all, Newbie here, so I own A 2015 CLS shooting brake with 44k on the clocks, about a week ago i noticed the rear suspension was right down on the drivers side and slightly higher on the passenger side, I lifted her into the air and all seems to check out, I used leak detector spray liberally everywhere withour fault, the air lines are good and solid with no damage, the car hasn't done starship mileage so could it be a airbag or do I need to look elsewhere, thanks all in advance

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome, air bag , compressor or pipes are all possible culprits , a diagnostic would pin point but I guess that may be a struggle at the moment

renrutp76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
X218/2014/CLS250CDI_W211/2005/E500 Avantgarde
I have the same car, and had the same issue.... Used star diagnostic which indicated an issue with the valve block. Once the rear underside covers were removed, I could see that there was a damaged wire. If there is a problem with any of the valves or sensors, the compressor will not run. Worth inspecting first before you take it in......

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

OP
C

christopher guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Appreciate the reply guys,the compressor runs perfectly fully inflating the airbags within 15 seconds, if 1 airbag is failing, which I'd be surprised in a 5 he old car why does the other side come done, also I have seen on some other questions that people say the levelling valve may be an issue,,,,,,,, I love my CLS but a 1970mini beco es more appealing when technical things start happening

OP
C

christopher guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So, the suspension is now fully down all the time when parked up, I think I am starting to get somewhere, with the engine running or shutdown both sides drop by 1mm in 15 seconds, with the engine running the compressor cuts in and inflates it ok but with it shut down the suspension just drops, the only commonality is the manifold I assume,,,,, any advice greatly recieved

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
That's a classic leak symptom.
If you keep using it the pump will die as it's working all the time to address the issue.
Soapy water and a spray bottle will help find where the leak is. Never assume that just because it's only 5 years old something can't leak. You may have punctured a bag with a foreign object.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom