1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 E220 alarm problems

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by ColinHaydock, Oct 12, 2019 at 5:27 PM.

1. ColinHaydock

ColinHaydock New Member

Your Mercedes:
    2015 E220 BLUTEC
    I own a 2015 E220 and I am having problems with the locking. When I get out off the car and press the button on the key to lock the car, the alarm makes a sound like the horn, the doors lock but the alarm does not set. Instead the indicator lights flash quickly and keep on flashing. If I press the locking button again on the key, the indicators flash 3 times (as they should) and the car is then locked.

2. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    UnMercs BMW i8 Volvo XC90
    Welcome Colin
    Think I’m right in saying the alarm has its own battery, so it’s possible it’s on the way out ?

3. AMGeed

AMGeed Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2014 W212 E63 Biturbo
    ^ As above. I would suspect the internal battery. I'm unsure if Star can detect this fault or not though. A new siren is £100 from the main dealer and easy to DIY. It's inside the front o/s wheel arch liner.
    The horn blow on locking is annoying and can be turned off in the system menu on the dash.

4. OP
    ColinHaydock

ColinHaydock New Member

Your Mercedes:
    2015 E220 BLUTEC
    Thanks for the reply. Is that the auxiliary battery which is located in the boot or is there another battery actually located inside the alarm?

5. OP
    ColinHaydock

ColinHaydock New Member

Your Mercedes:
    2015 E220 BLUTEC
    Thanks for the reply. When you say internal battery, is that contained within the siren? i.e. not the auxiliary batter which is located in the boot?

6. spenttherent

spenttherent Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Bluetec 2013
    In the siren behind the wheel arch liner

7. AMGeed

AMGeed Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2014 W212 E63 Biturbo
    As above, its the internal battery in the siren itself. It's not replacable and a new siren is the answer.