2018 C200 Coupe Accident Parts

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
White 2018 C200 Coupe AMG Line Premium
received_981497612181262.jpeg
Hey guys,

I got into a bad accident last week when someone bumped into the front left of my car (her fault) and this was the damage.

It was recovered by the insurance and taken to the garage, the accident was not bad and at like 20 miles per hour, but the garage have estimated the repairs to cost around £9000!!! For a whole new suspension unit, front bumper and winger and I'm not sure it actually requires all of that!

My insurance is going to inspect the car next week to see what's really happening and until then I can't receive a courtesy car... I was also told there's a chance it could be written off and that doesn't make sense to me as the car is worth more than £30,000! They haven't given me an estimated date of completion as "it all depends on the availibity of parts".

I just wanted to ask you guys, if you have any sort of knowledge or experience in this, is the cost realistic? It's been 10 days already how long would it take to get the parts if they need to be ordered (just an estimation)? And is there a chance of a write off?

Thank you very much.
Ali

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Without looking underneath the car, it's hard to say.

Front suspension components
Potentially front subframe straightening or replacement.
Replacement OEM wing
OEM bumper
Replacement wheel
Tyre
Brake components

Add in labour and paint etc, it can add up quite quickly.

Being an insurance job, they will quote to replace everything possible.

Then the adjuster will come and argue with them and they will land somewhere in the middle.

I would be very surprised if they wrote it off.

I would expect the final bill to end up somewhere in the 4-5k region.

OP
Ali Ayman

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Without looking underneath the car, it's hard to say.

Front suspension components
Potentially front subframe straightening or replacement.
Replacement OEM wing
OEM bumper
Replacement wheel
Tyre
Brake components

Add in labour and paint etc, it can add up quite quickly.

Being an insurance job, they will quote to replace everything possible.

Then the adjuster will come and argue with them and they will land somewhere in the middle.

I would be very surprised if they wrote it off.

I would expect the final bill to end up somewhere in the 4-5k region.
Cheers buddy! And any idea how long it would take?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Impossible to say without seing the extent of the damage.

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
View attachment 52528
Hey guys,

I got into a bad accident last week when someone bumped into the front left of my car (her fault) and this was the damage.

It was recovered by the insurance and taken to the garage, the accident was not bad and at like 20 miles per hour, but the garage have estimated the repairs to cost around £9000!!! For a whole new suspension unit, front bumper and winger and I'm not sure it actually requires all of that!

My insurance is going to inspect the car next week to see what's really happening and until then I can't receive a courtesy car... I was also told there's a chance it could be written off and that doesn't make sense to me as the car is worth more than £30,000! They haven't given me an estimated date of completion as "it all depends on the availibity of parts".

I just wanted to ask you guys, if you have any sort of knowledge or experience in this, is the cost realistic? It's been 10 days already how long would it take to get the parts if they need to be ordered (just an estimation)? And is there a chance of a write off?

Thank you very much.
Ali

To put this in proportion, my E300 coupe was very lightly scraped on the o/s front corner whilst parked. The damage was slight (about 2 square inches) but affected both the steel of the wing and the grp apron. Fortunately the culprit (an elderly woman) 'fessed up but the fix to "full MB standards" came to £1500. I was told this was due to having to match the Hyacinth Red metallic paint on both the steel and grp components. She elected to go via her insurance so this might also have had something to do with it!

OP
Ali Ayman

Ali Ayman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you everyone I received my car last week and it's in mint condition!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom