2019 E class cabriolet roof doesn’t operate

Kevin 61

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E300 Cabriolet
Only done 3,000 miles came to put roof up last week but got error message saying boot separater should be closed. I tried this several times but no luck!
Problem is that although car is still under warranty all main dealers are closed due to the Corana virus.
Is there anything I could try doing myself?

OP
K

Kevin 61

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E300 Cabriolet
Only done 3,000 miles came to put roof up last week but got error message saying boot separater should be closed. I tried this several times but no luck!
Problem is that although car is still under warranty all main dealers are closed due to the Corana virus.
Is there anything I could try doing myself?
Car is E300 Mercedes

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

There will be a micro switch in the left hand receiver that the boot separator closes down into. You need to make sure that the switch is being operated when you move the boot separator to the lower position.
It is possible to close the boor separator without contacting the micro switch. So try it with your finger or a screwdriver that the switch is working. Then close the boot separator again and try the roof again.

OP
K

Kevin 61

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E300 Cabriolet
Thanks I’ll try that later when my son gets back

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
New car, I would call oit Mobilo, surely they are still working, The tech hoping they send a MB tech might be able to fix it for you.

OP
K

Kevin 61

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E300 Cabriolet
New car, I would call oit Mobilo, surely they are still working, The tech hoping they send a MB tech might be able to fix it for you.
Any pictures of w
Anyone got a picture of where micro switch is?

OP
K

Kevin 61

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E300 Cabriolet
Hello and welcome

There will be a micro switch in the left hand receiver that the boot separator closes down into. You need to make sure that the switch is being operated when you move the boot separator to the lower position.
It is possible to close the boor separator without contacting the micro switch. So try it with your finger or a screwdriver that the switch is working. Then close the boot separator again and try the roof again.
Any pictures of where micro switch is?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Any pictures of where micro switch is?
The boot separator goes up and down. When in the down position it clicks into a catch on the left and right of the boot. Inside the left catch is small lever linked to a micro switch.

Below is my SLK, yours will be similar.
E32162D9-D767-4A42-A1A1-19B04CAD7F22.jpeg
E5D5573A-D661-4FCB-A1F7-4FF41E3B8099.jpeg

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
A mobilo techie with STAR will tell you immediately whats wrong

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Had the very similar on Mrs RH's old MINI convertibubble.

Rear parcel shelf / boot separator has warped ever so slightly over its 12 yrs... just enough that it doesn't depress the microswitch fully.

Took it out, gave it a gentle Italian remodelling, left it in hall overnight, upside down with a bit of weight in the right places, and.... Mavis is your uncle!

Mrs RH could disengage flaptronic as she could now get roof down!

Steveorider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class 220 2011 mercedes
Hello and welcome

Hi I have a eclass 220 2011 cabriolet roof suddenly stopped working nothing at all, separator switch working any idea,s please. How can I take roof down manually plz

Steveorider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi I have a eclass 220 2011 cabriolet roof suddenly stopped working nothing at all, separator switch working any idea,s please. How can I take roof down manually plz
Plenty videos to put roof up none to take down

Steveorider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Anyone any idea what could be the fault on my 220 Eclass 2011 mercededes convertible roof won’t operate up or down, separator switch seems to work according to instruments on dash, really baffling me, how do I put roof down manually please

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Had the very similar on Mrs RH's old MINI convertibubble.

Rear parcel shelf / boot separator has warped ever so slightly over its 12 yrs... just enough that it doesn't depress the microswitch fully.

Took it out, gave it a gentle Italian remodelling, left it in hall overnight, upside down with a bit of weight in the right places, and.... Mavis is your uncle!

Mrs RH could disengage flaptronic as she could now get roof down!

My wife's Flaptronic has been jammed on for some time. Her microswitches are inaccessible. Don't offer suggestions, I've tried everything.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
My wife's Flaptronic has been jammed on for some time. Her microswitches are inaccessible. Don't offer suggestions, I've tried everything.
Even the ratchet and lithium lubricant approach?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom