202 wiper blade replacement

bunny55

Reaction score
Wiper blade split on the way home last night, stopped in Halfords and purchased a Bosch new one (I thought only having one wiper would be cheaper, but the cost for one is more than a pair for normal cars).

In the dark with bored teenage son holding torch, I couldn't get the old one off. I can slide it down off the U bend but I can't remove it. I cannot bend the main arm out far enough to lift the blade off the screen.

I'm either being thick or I'm doing it wrong.

Help please.

Thanks

Graham

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
try stopping the blade half-way across

the screen by turning off the ignition. That might give you a bit more elbow room. Having said that, I've never needed to move mine from parked, so I suspect you might be leaning on an open door. You should be able to just slide the catch out of the u-clip, and then withdraw to wiper to the outer side of the car. If I remember rightly, you engage the hole over the u-bend, wiper at about 30 degrees to the screen, slide down, then straighten up and lock it in the u-clip to fit, so removal is the reverse of this.

E320C

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe Sportline, E320 Cab Sportline, S211 E320 CDI, Alfa Berlina
Wiper Blades

Just a thought!

If you are not bothered with original Merc blades, or buying Bosch etc, go to Tesco Extra, 2 x 24" for £3.47 a pair. Fits and works perfect on our W124 Coupe's and our W210 Estate and lasts just as long as Bosch.

E320C

MW

Reaction score
Bought a W124 Bosch blade at ECP yesterday. They have been reduced in price to £6.49p + vat. Amazing.
When fitting blades, always put a thick piece of cardboard under the arm. Once on a Passat with the blade off, it slipped and the arm sprung 20 inches and hit the screen. Crack.
Great sadness!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom