230te, Help no centre vent heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badshot1uk

Reaction score
Hi all

Ive just seen a very similar post on here with what sounds like the same problem I'm having.

Basically how can I get heat out of the centre vents and not just cold air from outside, the side vents are lovely and hot....any ideas  

Thanks for your help

Paul

Gary

Reaction score
Hello, Paul, is gary here, the one who post the previous message,  the problem of the centre vent.

I have try to check it out today, but I can't find any thing, the only thing I found is the metal hose (for the hot fluid of the heater, totally three of them, one for the left heater, other for the right, and the last one is the return.),  has pass through the ventilation path of the centre vent, and will give us just a little bit of warm air... but I don't really know any other way, will provide warm air to it.. :( we have to wait for help....

David Halsey

Reaction score
I had a customer that changed his fan, matrix, switches and some of the hoses before he was put through to me. When he explained that his problem was no hot air from the centre vent I d*amn
near fell off my chair.
He wasnt too happy to find he had spent over £300 and loads of hours to acheive this, and yes, he did have a handbook. I bet he read it after I spoke to him!!

Reaction score
Hey! I can solve this - you can have the centre vent off my 190E which *does* heat the air - only really noticeable in summer with the heater turned OFF. (I know its not supposed to - but its having none of it - it does!) I'd really like to have your centre vent with cold air in exchange!

Reaction score
Hey! I can solve this - you can have the centre vent off my 190E which *does* heat the air - only really noticeable in summer with the heater turned OFF. (I know its not supposed to - but its having none of it - it does!) I'd really like to have your centre vent with cold air in exchange!

Pat

Reaction score
On the subject of heaters, the passenger side of my C class heater seems to have packed up.
It just blows in fresh air like the central vent.
In winter all the vents (windscreen, dash and footwell) blow in ice cold air.
What would be the first thing to check?

Gary

Reaction score
Well. Pat, I have the problem of my heater few days ago, and I have solve it out today, finally!! The thing is, it only give me hot air in the driver side! instead of cold.

Firstly, I thought is the 'heater valve' causing problem, as it can't shut, and keep let the hot coolant enter to the heater.

but after I break down the valve and check it out, it work fine.... then I check the temperature control switch, I found the resistance of it is different from the passenger side, so, I have try to clean it up, with some WD40, then use a ohm meter to test the resistance, make sure that is working fine.

Finally, I test it, it become alright, I can fully control my heater temperature now!!! amazing!!

I think, you can try to check whether the heater value is working or not, for your situation, which only have cold air, the valve is possiblly can't open, so, you can disconnect it, then give it 12 volt power to check whether it 'move' or not, it will give you a 'click' sound,

if it is working, try to use a ohm meter to test the resistance of the temperature control, compare with the other side.

if not as well, I think, you better check the temperature sensor, check it resistance, and compare with the other one, or try to swap the other side, let see it work or not, so, you can pin point the cause of problem.

Hope these can help.

Gary!

Pat

Reaction score
Cheers Gary,

I'll give it a go and let you know how it went.

Pat

OP
Badshot1uk

Badshot1uk

Reaction score
Thankyou for all your replys especially Andy who is absolutely correct after getting hold of a manual you definitely can only get cold air from the centre vent.

Thanks again

Paul

simon

Reaction score
I note that a number of owners are, like me, guilty of not
reading their manual from start to finish.My excuse is that  they are not written fluently in factual English & they are not dedicated precisely to the owners model.(Yes, I appreciate that for economy, they cover the spectrum).They are inordinately long, I suspect they were written by computors for computors & for the S class owners...you have my sympathies!!
Nevertheless,I must learn to go there first, when I experience a fault....no excuses!

regards
Ernest.

simon

Reaction score
I note that a number of owners are, like me, guilty of not
reading their manual from start to finish.My excuse is that  they are not written fluently in factual English & they are not dedicated precisely to the owners model.(Yes, I appreciate that for economy, they cover the spectrum).They are inordinately long, I suspect they were written by computors for computors & for the S class owners...you have my sympathies!!
Nevertheless,I must learn to go there first, when I experience a fault....no excuses!

regards
Ernest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom