240TD self leveling - oil replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyk

Reaction score
Website
www.supanet.com
can anyone tell me how to go about replacing the oil in the self leveling system on my 1984 240TD to empty the tank is not a problem but how do i get the old black oil out of the system and what do i replace it with.
any info greatfully recived
andyk  

OP
A

andyk

Reaction score
Website
www.supanet.com
240TD self leveling

to go a little deeper i know the system has a bleed point on it but i still would like to know what oil to use and what the ride hight should be at the end of the operation
thanks again
Andyk

David Halsey

Reaction score
240TD self leveling

there is a special oil for the self levelling system. You can buy it either from a dealer or at any german and swedish branch (£4.70 pe litre) . call me if you want to know your closest

OP
A

andyk

Reaction score
Website
www.supanet.com
240TD self leveling

thanks Dave
                  but like a fool i have just paid £7.15 for a litre for my local merc dealer it came with the code zh-m which means little to me, all i need is the spec and i will be able to find it at any motor store.
my problem is still how to go about bleeding the system to get rid of the old oil  the main valve at the rear has a bleed ponit but do the struts? also is it possable to recharge the two accumulators in the system or is this a case of hand in pocket tp replace them.
any one got any ideas
thnaks
andyk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom