274 Engine

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Looking at my engine, (1.6 274 in a 204) I'm thinking that it has an electric water pump in the main coolant system and a little auxiliary electric pump attached to the coolant reservoir to operate the heater. Can anybody confirm this?

If I'm wrong, what is the purpose of the auxiliary pump, which seems to run on a bit after the engine has been turned off?

In a more general way, where can I find a technical description of MB, and perhaps other engines, that might answer such questions?

Many thanks for any help!

Ernie

OP
E

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Both of mine have given me around early to mid 40s on runs to and from Kent and Cornwall, although the Sport Estate is around 2 - 3 less than the saloon was - probably due to a combination of bigger wheels and weight.

Ploutering around I'm seeing early - mid 30s. The gearing is very high and needs the 7 speeder to keep pace on the M/W when fully loaded. At 10k miles, I'm not looking for problems! I'm quite happy with its refinement, which is more than I could say for the C250 I had on hire while awaiting my insurance settlement on the last car.

Ernie

OP
E

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Over 65k miles the C220 CDi gave me an overall 36.88MPG. Its probably a bit early to say for the 180, but over 4k miles I'm seeing 34.67 MPG. THese figures are tank-to-tank. Incidentally, the 220 also had the staggered wheel set up, so that takes out one variable.

The 0 - 62 times are both similar, but you don't get the thump in the back from the 180; however, you also don't get the accompanying tyre wear!

Nobody got any info on the other questions?

Ernie

Top Bottom