280sl Valuations

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Full MB history ??? its not due for the first service yet

It should have a huge file of paperwork all MB checked stamped service book anually- and all the MOT,s from new (we have and its 7 years older than ours) and done more miles --you have seen ours remember?

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
It should have a huge file of paperwork all MB checked stamped service book anually- and all the MOT,s from new (we have and its 7 years older than ours) and done more miles --you have seen ours remember?

Average 196 miles per year......to the MOT station and back??????

Mic

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is this car 55k or 5k miles if its 5k then I take back all I have said --it is a rare beast indeed?

It 5k from new,,, now we are on the same wavelength :D:D

pandasharka

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
98 E240 Estate
not many left like that - if it's been correctly dry stored, the history is bulletproof and it as good as it looks it needs to go to a Bonhams-like worldwide auction.

If it was mine and I could confirm the above it wouldn't be leaving for less than 40K.

Why sell now though? It can only appreciate - gotta be better than ££ in the bank right now.

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Judging from the photograph and the garage with trophy cabinets it is probable that the OP's description of ''amazing nick'' was an understatement even for 5500 miles. I would like to see that car ''in the flesh''.

gtg to the OP's garage?

Mic

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Judging from the photograph and the garage with trophy cabinets it is probable that the OP's description of ''amazing nick'' was an understatement even for 5500 miles. I would like to see that car ''in the flesh''.

gtg to the OP's garage?

Mic

With sealed bids, to be opened at noon on the day over a glass of sherry?

OP
R

RBZU

Reaction score
Crickey, thank you gents seems I may have something that is of more interest than I first thought.. My father purchased new from a dealer and just didnt drive it much so has all paper work .. and is rust free etc even still has stickers on the exhaust pipe. I think my next step should be to try and get someone to actually see it and give us a genuine valuation before we decide what to do with it. Thanks again for your help and advice.
RB

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Crickey, thank you gents seems I may have something that is of more interest than I first thought.. My father purchased new from a dealer and just didnt drive it much so has all paper work .. and is rust free etc even still has stickers on the exhaust pipe. I think my next step should be to try and get someone to actually see it and give us a genuine valuation before we decide what to do with it. Thanks again for your help and advice.
RB

Do not use a trade buyer for this,, it must be one of the large Auctions that have no vested interest in earning out of the car. do a search "classic car auctions" and talk to them

Top Bottom