300SL wheels ---> CLK230?

navman2

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking online at some nice 2ndhand what appear to be AMG wheels, 18 inch off a 300SL with type size 245/40 ZR18s on them. Nothing else about the actual wheel size of offsets is given, and the current owner seems not to know if they would fit my year 2000 CLK. Note all wheels are the same size.

Anyone advise me on this please? Do wheels off the 300SL just transfer no worries or do I have to press for more info? I have asked the owner to pick out his car/wheels from this chart http://www.murray-systems.com/mercedes_wheel_fitments.pdfj (lifted from BLOBCAT's helpful info to another forum user) but he has gone quiet on me.

Thanks for any useful feedback!

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
do we know what year SL, and what model

and what width these 18 inchers are. If not we are whistling in the dark and you might as well not bother.
The 107 SL had two ETs, 25 and 10 methinks, depending on year ( pre 1985 were 25s).
The standard widths were 6 and 6.5 J, depending on model.

I find a lot of these e-bay jockies not willing or not able to pass on the info about their wheels, as it would obviously narrow down the market for them. Not a good way to do business really.

OP
N

navman2

Reaction score
No and No Myros, thats why I asked him to identify his vehicle in the table of all models and wheel sizes. No details will mean no purchase from me. Thanks for your input.

Flying Scot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R129 1995
navman2 said:
No and No Myros, thats why I asked him to identify his vehicle in the table of all models and wheel sizes. No details will mean no purchase from me. Thanks for your input.

never had a problem getting the cast in wheel info from people on ebay - just ask the question get part number and J and ET figures - may have to get their hands dirty but life is tough - probably cant tell you the vehicle they came from as they did not come off any vehicle they owned

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom