320 CE fuel consumption

ENZ91

Reaction score
Website
www.maranellohouse.com
Hi all.
It's my first post. I'm hoping to buy a 320 CE in the next couple of days but have one niggling question. "Fuel consumption"
The car I'm after is duel fuel but I was wondering what average MPG to expect from the car. I do 50 mile a day mainly motorway at around 60mph and I don't have a heavy right foot.
Can anyone help. I'm afraid the buying of it hinges on how thirsty it is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta, Stu

Chazchuzzlewitt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W/S124 320TE Estate
can't say what you'd get with dual fuel, but my old 300E 12v was pretty thirsty. I got something like 22mpg on the American highways, doing an average of 60mph.

Around town it was pretty shocking.

The newer 104 engine in the 320 ce should be a tad more economical. I drove a 320 estate powered by the 104 and it's a great engine- just wish i could afford to run one over here...

OP
E

ENZ91

Reaction score
Website
www.maranellohouse.com
Unfortunatley the car has been sold to someone else. "Oh well"

Just as a follow up question can someone give me an idea of which would be the most economical CE to buy?

Ta in advance, Stu

mjtray

Reaction score
I would imagine a 220......I don't think there will be a huge amount of difference between a 300 and a 320.

Personally I would go for a 300/320 as I think the 6 cylinder engines really lend themselves to these cars.

Chazchuzzlewitt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W/S124 320TE Estate
I'd agree- i can't imagine driving anything as big and heavy as the 124 with anything less than a 6-cylinder.

andy_k

Reaction score
Website
www.ak3dgfx.com
Your Mercedes
E55 AMG
the four pot engines aren't that bad and are certainly economical - 35MPG is easily possible.

Our current W124 E320 will turn in 32 mpg at a steady 60, 24/5 around town driving sensibly and about 15/16mpg when we get away from public roads.

Andy

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom