[320SL Radio IPod?]

malcolmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 320/1999/V6
Can anybody help me please. Car is an 1999 320 SL V6. My radio/single cd player is the Blaupunkt Toronto RDM 128. It apparently has a auxiliary input but when I slid the unit out to view the back all I could see was two square connectors with a bunch of wires, no separate input connector. Has any one any ideas how to wire in an IPod to this unit.

Last edited:

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Malcolm

I have a Heidelberg CD50, and it has 2 Auxiliary connectors, for i-pods and the like. They aren't standard 1.5mm jacks or usb type things though, they are ISO type connectors. They plug in the back of the unit, above the 2 connectors you already have for power, speakers etc. You then run the length of two core cable out to your cabin through the dash/tunnel and plug it into your MP3. You can get them on e-bay or decent auto electricians, with the necessary fitting for your type of MP3.

Check your instructions to see if you have aux connectors. You will also have to turn them on in the menu set-up if you do. You can then select aux 1 or 2 just as you do cd or FM.

Top Bottom