350 SL Valve Stem Oil Seals - 350SL Valve Stem Oil Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Adshead

New Registration
Reaction score
I'm told that it's possible to change the valve stem oil seals on a 350SL (type W107) without removing the heads by using a special MB tool. Can anybody confirm this or know somebody who can do it?

Anonymous

Reaction score
350 SL Valve Stem Oil Seals

Would this also be the case for an 89 W124 300TE? The car whiffs a bit of burnt oil when you reverse it, though it is not using enough oil to worry me, or smoking a huge amount when driving. It has 140K on it.

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
350 SL Valve Stem Oil Seals

Hullo Racingsnake?!?
With regards to your 300e, the valve stem seals can be replaced in situ. The job takes aproximately 3.0hrs.
Your vehicle is on the change. You should get away with just valve stem seals. On some of the older vehicles valve guide wear can also be a problem. If you vehicle is a facelift version. Then the vehicle should be fitted with the modified valve guides, which last a lot longer. If you main journey's are around town. Then you will not get a lot of oil usage. If you then use the motor way at greater speed. This may be when you notice higher than normal oil usage. You may see it when you decelarate & then acelerate at speed.
You can contact me on www.mercedesservicing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom