5 wires from speaker plug

mercman111

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 clk 350 petrol
ive only got 5 wires from the speaker plug in my 53 clk,but i have 8 wires from the stereo,the plug in the car does not fit the plug on the stereo any ideas

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
I would guess that the car speaker cable uses a common ground so you have four speaker feeds and one ground. Not a fully conventional method, but it should work.

On your new stereo, you would have to pair all the -ve leads from the speakers and then link the four +ve leads to the four speakers. Not 100% sure the internals of your new stereo will like having the grounds linked, but you could always open it up and see if they share a common ground internally on the PCB.

OP
M

mercman111

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 clk 350 petrol
I assume you are trying to fit some sort of aftermarket stereo?
yes im trying to fit an alpine ute-200 bt,ive cut 2 purple wires from the stereo and tried to put them in the plug that comes from the car but no luck

rpalmeida

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mercupgrades.com
a) There should be no need to cut anything. The UTE-200BT has an ISO power and ISO speaker plug.
b) Your CLK should have a double ISO plug with 8 wires in one (speakers) and about 5 in the other which is the power plug
c) However, cars with BOSE sound system don't have the speakers wired there, they are wired to the amplifier and the speakers are too low impedance for a standard stereo to drive them, so you have to do a lot to make that work.

Do post a picture of the car's wiring and I can tell you more

Top Bottom