'85 SL280 Over-Voltage-Relay???

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
woolf said:
On the positive side, I learned quite a lot about my SL :rolleyes:

In our trade monthly there is an article on electrics, it said that 95% of all faults are wiring and connection problems, and it always pays to start from the basics. Even when ECU's have blown it is often because of a bad connection in the chain.

Very much so in this case, for what it is worth I have said many times, get a good volt meter, they cost less than the fuel used going to the garage. as an electronic engineer I could not do anything without one, once you know you have the correct voltage at point A you can move on to B.

SL are wonderful cars to learn something on, with the build and complexity.

Malcolm

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Result

I put the hard top back on last weekend, as I fully intend using the car this winter as I did last winter, on all but the worst weather days. Imagine my pleasure when after driving it to work on Thursday, when I started up to go home that evening, my ABS light went out as it should do. This mini-miracle has been repeated every time I've driven since then.
I have absolutely no idea of why it fritzed, and why it is now cured. Let's just hope it stays that way.

Thanks again to all those who helped on this topic.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom