9-Gtronic in petrol GLC 250 is a PITA

OP
andynpz

andynpz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 GLE 350d, navy-blue, --- SWMBO's car, 2007 SL 350, (R230) silver.
Going off topic (again!) Andy, what’s with the Panamerucana grill? That’s not a factory fit option!

No it's not - nor is it a genuine MB grille! It's off ebay for £179 and is a quality piece of plastic, looks good and fits well. Took best part of a day to fit as there are at least twenty locking tabs to discover, then devise a way to unlock them without breaking any, to remove the original grille. Re-assembly is the reverse ( as they say in instructions, but not with this grille ... there was no help!) but of course one works carefully again to avoid damage.

Looks good, I think, and SWMBO happy!!

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
No it's not - nor is it a genuine MB grille! It's off ebay for £179 and is a quality piece of plastic, looks good and fits well. Took best part of a day to fit as there are at least twenty locking tabs to discover, then devise a way to unlock them without breaking any, to remove the original grille. Re-assembly is the reverse ( as they say in instructions, but not with this grille ... there was no help!) but of course one works carefully again to avoid damage.

Looks good, I think, and SWMBO happy!!
Yes, I think it looks good as well. I did have a look on EBay for mine but, generally, I tend to keep everything original and I quite like the GLC43 grill anyway.:)

OP
andynpz

andynpz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's against my principles too! I am constantly encouraging people to keep their cars as standard, with OEM parts only. So, I have the proper grille well bubble-wrapped in a box for posterity. But I am also uncertain where I stand on the plethora of current grille designs, with and without diamonds, one pair of louvres/ wings and two pairs, and cutouts for 4X4s. The Panamericana on the other hand is a tribute to the past racing history of MB and a classic design first used on the silver arrows pre-WW2, and from time to time since then, including the Carrera Panamericana cars in 1955. I think I've got that right - will go and check right now!

Of course it wasn't used on SUVs then as they hadn't been invented yet!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Grille suits that car. Strangely similar to the grille on my XC90 which works

OP
andynpz

andynpz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry about the constant chit-chat on this thread - it's difficult to get a word in!

Yes John I have been looking more closely at the newest Volvos and the "toothy" look is certainly fashionable, and not just Volvos. I'm certain they are other manufacturers but I don't know which because I don't recognise the grille

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom