96 E280 Display Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob taylor

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi

I have laid my e280 (96/P)up for a few weeks in the garage and started it once a week to ensure all is well. No problems until recently when I took it for a spin and the dash display showed DISPLAY DEFECTIVE and the Radiator icon.

I took the car to the local Merc dealer in town ( it was late and they were just closing for the day) who suggested topping up the radiator level. At the time this seemed to fix it but now (about 2 weeks later) the problem has recurred.

I have topped the radiator up as full as I can and taken the car for a 5 mile run to ensure the sensor picked up the new level OK. Having turned the engine off then on again the same error kept on coming up on the dash - so I left the car for a couple of hours and then tried again.

This time the dash displayed no errors for about 3 minutes and then went back to showing the same message as before.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be a defective/dirty radiator level sensor or a problem with the dash display? Also, any tips on fixing it myself would be appreciated!!

Many thanks

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom