A 150 fuel guage problem

pace

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 ML 270 & 2006 A 150 SE
Hi all,
Last night our A 150 went into reserve, the yellow light came on on the guage and the reserve fuel symbol came up on the dash. We only drove a few miles and this morning I went to our local BP station and put £10 of fuel in (I only put £10 in as my partner has a discount voucher from the supermarket and will fill up in the week). As I drove home I looked at the guage and it is still showing empty and the reserve fuel symbol is still up.

I know I put less than 10 Ltrs in, but that should be nearly 1/4 of a tank so my question is, has the float in the fuel tank got stuck as maybe it is not used to being in this low possition?
Or did I just put £10 worth of air into the car! I did notice that some of the other unleaded pumps were out of service, but surley the pump would not work if there was no fuel?

Paul.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
There was a fault found on the 169 gauges, cant remember for the life of me what the repair was now, is it still under warranty?

OP
P

pace

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 ML 270 & 2006 A 150 SE
The car is just over 3 years old and had a main dealer service in February. I would like to know if this should have been sorted by MB?

To continue.......I went back to the BP station and put in another £10 worth. The guage then shot up to just under 1/2 full so I guess the float in the tank must have stuck in the low possition.

Was this a recall item?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom