A class fuel smell in car and manuel on a class 140

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy 1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 350 Conv
When car is started in the morning and mainly if the heater is in the hot position I get a very strong petrol smell inside the car. It is not every time but when it does smell its bad. any suggestions.

Would also appreciate if anyone could advise me where I may get a manual for a A140.

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
Try http://www.baby-benz.com Have you got a petrol burning heater like some of the diesels. If you have maybe thats your problem :?: :?: If not maybe the actived charcoal filter on your fuel tank evaporative control system. Dont know where that is on an A-class :? sorry.

ClassC

Reaction score
Andy

I fished out this comment from another website, it might help.

"cheers all,
i followed the advice from this board and found that the in car fuel smell, was a leaking fuel feed hose that connects the front to rear pipe to the fuel rail.

i fitted new jubilee clips instead of the rubbish crimp type and it is 100% cured.

it took about 10 minutes.
be warned if you have this fuel smell be careful and sort it quickly as there was a LOT of fuel spraying around the engine bay!!

thanks again
jay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom