A CLASS GEAR MODULE FAULT (Gear Box)

Biggjoe81

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A CLASS 140
Hello to you all,

I own a Mercedes A class 140, and for the past year or so I have been having problems with the gear box.

It is the usual slight jerk and the gear box goes into limp mode with "F" error message appearing on the dash.

Long and short of it is that I have taken it to MB dealers, spent nearly 700 quid to replace the gear module but still no joy.

I have decided to take matter into my own hands, so I am taking out the gear module and clean it or send it off to a private online business that repairs them.

I have tried to remove the center console successfully however i have gotten to the gear module itself but cannot get it out. I am stuck don't know how. Please see the image.

Does anyone have the step by step instruction on how to remove the gear box module?

Any help or contribution will be appreciated.

Biggjoe81

Attachments

• DSC00443.jpg
    DSC00443.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 58

Howard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 500 / A 190
Give the guys at Forrera a buzz , they really know their onions and will talk you through the options.

Www.forrera.co.uk

OP
B

Biggjoe81

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A CLASS 140
Thanks, Howard. I have contacted the guys at Forrera. They have offers some advice.

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Long and short of it is that I have taken it to MB dealers, spent nearly 700 quid to replace the gear module but still no joy.
I have decided to take matter into my own hands, so I am taking out the gear module and clean it or send it off to a private online business that repairs them.

If, as you say, the MB dealers have replaced the module (@ £700) then why are you sending the same module off to be repaired? :confused:

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Any help or contribution will be appreciated.
Biggjoe81
Hi
What did MB dealers say when they fitted a new gear module but the problem was not fixed ?

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom