A Class Wheel Tracking/Alignment

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
depends.

was his voice quivering? were you holding him by the neck?

I had a 9month old seat leon which needed 2 new tyres for reasons i shall not go inot...they lifted the car and inspected the under neath and said. looks fine to us....not suprised really....it had only done 13000miles. what could have gone wrong in that time?

turnipsock

Reaction score
I had problems getting Kwik Fit to do stuff to my mums Audi A2. There was problem because the bonnet detached from the car and there was a risk that the mechanics would damage this somehow so Kwik Fit were not touching any jobs that involved taking the bonnet off. Maybe the A Class is the same?

OP

520se

Reaction score
FINALLY - I have got it done!!! Just got back from Leicester and my A Class and 5 series have both been done this morning. Took all morning between the two vehicles but a TOTAL charge of only £60 for the PAIR.

The system described in previous posts (state of the art 3D computerised laser system) was the one these guys have. It was encouraging that when I arrived that there was a Porsche on the lift and before I left a CLK and a 3 series waiting to be done. The guys said that the only vehicle they can't do is a Bentley. I don't think that will present me with any problems for a few years yet!!!!

As it turned out only one of my tyres on the A Class was out (just a couple of degrees) whereas my 5 Series needed a lot of work. 3 out of the four were out and the camber was messed up too. Just as well - I have just spent £800 on a set of Goodyear Eagle F1s. You get full colour representations of your setup before and after alignment - it is all very impressive indeed. The drive home was a joy - I used to get feedback at 80mph through the steering wheel, but it seems that issue has gone away. Even my wife said her A Class was as smooth as butter. Money well spent - and if you go by the Dealerships I have saved around £700 this morning.

Go here if you are anywhere in the Midlands - I told them I would send all my friends:

http://www.tyresgalore.co.uk/alignment.htm

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
Pascal last week said:
Yes Phill,

Thats the type of system I've been banging on about on threads for the last month. Amazing bit of kit.
So for someone to say that only MB can do a proper track doesn't warrant an answer.
So my banging on, has not fell on deaf ears, 520se.

PS: Those Eagles were discussed last week at http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=9983&page=2
towards the end of the page. £149 including VAT & delivery for 275/35 18 each

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom