A little help: what is the customer perspective?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 Executive SE Coupé ('13)
  • Banned
Do these services keep mobilo intact? This was something asked on here.

Not necessarily -- not because of the service itself, but because that price doesn't include any potentially needed additionals. That being said, no additionals are due on the seventh service on most cars, based on mileage of <15500.

And in fairness, indie servicing doesn't, either!

Last edited:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
But if an indie services it and uses genuine merc parts I conclude from your response that mobilo isn't intact. Only merc main dealer servicing preserves mobilo.

Odd that exactly the same service should yield a different mobilo status .

sent from my Galaxy Note 8 via Tapatalk

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
We don't normally charge if we find nothing. Again for me that is not a good answer.

To the OP "What is the name of your dealership?"

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
But if an indie services it and uses genuine merc parts I conclude from your response that mobilo isn't intact. Only merc main dealer servicing preserves mobilo.

Odd that exactly the same service should yield a different mobilo status .

You're right, independent servicing means loss of mobilo.

Why should that be odd? The cost of mobilo is built into the cost of main dealer servicing. 24h European roadside assistance with free use of a courtesy car whilst yours is in the workshop - who else offers that for free?

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Not necessarily -- not because of the service itself, but because that price doesn't include any potentially needed additionals. That being said, no additionals are due on the seventh service on most cars, based on mileage of <15500.

And in fairness, indie servicing doesn't, either!

One of the key benefits of a dealer service is the mobilo?

A lot use it for that, if additional work was done on the value would that not then keep mobilo active? eg changing a worn pad etc>

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
We don't normally charge if we find nothing. Again for me that is not a good answer.

To the OP "What is the name of your dealership?"

What more can we do than not charge if nothing is found?! What a strange comment to make.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
We do a lot of ad-hoc deals where I am, but that's probably because we're a small dealership with two service advisors and five technicians.

If I may, 2 service advisors (and a previously mentioned aftersales director) seems a tad excessive for just 5 technicians. Of course I don't know the heirarchy in your company, but it would seem to me that some cost savings could be made there.

I did a consultancy a couple of years ago and eventually got offered the aftersales manager job, for 4 techs and 4 other staff. I worked myself out of a job as I concluded that a manager for the 8 people we had was too expensive, especially when they could easily manage themselves with workloads etc. The receptionist and newly-created parts-man took over the booking in of jobs. The MD took over the customer mentor role.
The savings I made were passed on to our (happy) customers.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
If I may, 2 service advisors (and a previously mentioned aftersales director) seems a tad excessive for just 5 technicians. Of course I don't know the heirarchy in your company, but it would seem to me that some cost savings could be made there.

I did a consultancy a couple of years ago and eventually got offered the aftersales manager job, for 4 techs and 4 other staff. I worked myself out of a job as I concluded that a manager for the 8 people we had was too expensive, especially when they could easily manage themselves with workloads etc. The receptionist and newly-created parts-man took over the booking in of jobs. The MD took over the customer mentor role.
The savings I made were passed on to our (happy) customers.

You can't operate on only one as we work 8-6 every day and then Saturdays on a rota. There's so much to keep an eye on at a main dealer (collection and deliveries, loan cars, warranty, trade customers, waiting customers, answering the phone, internal work) that one person simply couldn't do it all.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
One of the key benefits of a dealer service is the mobilo?

A lot use it for that, if additional work was done on the value would that not then keep mobilo active? eg changing a worn pad etc>

Absolutely.

Pads, wear and tear, mechanical repairs are irrelevant; you can get it all done somewhere else.

As long as your routine servicing, and any additionals to that (sparks, air filter, brake fluid etc) are done at MB, you keep your mobilo. Forever.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The "Value Service" is a misnomer they just do less,
Would you like a "Value" pork pie sir
"yes please"
its got no pork !
yes sir its a value pork pie.
Shouldn't all services be value services.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
The "Value Service" is a misnomer they just do less,
Would you like a "Value" pork pie sir
"yes please"
its got no pork !
yes sir its a value pork pie.
Shouldn't all services be value services.

Well, it's an alternative to the service you could have on your premium, prestige car!

But I agree that less is done.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
You can't operate on only one as we work 8-6 every day and then Saturdays on a rota. There's so much to keep an eye on at a main dealer (collection and deliveries, loan cars, warranty, trade customers, waiting customers, answering the phone, internal work) that one person simply couldn't do it all.

I hope they pay you well!

These are only observations, without knowing your procedures, but if you'll allow me a final comment; if you are BOTH crazy busy all day long, then that detracts from your main role of looking after customers needs.

Deliveries and collections should surely be done by parts/stores?
Loan cars could be handled by your receptionist(s) as well.
Warranty claims could be set aside for your historically most quiet time and dealt with all at once on a weekly basis.
Trade customers.......I have no experience with what they require, except to comment that they are customers too.
Waiting customers should be everyone's responsibility from the top to the bottom. It is very good PR for anyone walking by to say hello and pass the time of day to your customers. Often this can lead to an opportunity to upsell.
Phone calls. One of my pet hates. The phone should be answered by anyone who is available if its unanswered for more than 3 rings.
Internal work. If that means keeping up with legislation, MOT updates, Software updates etc., then the Aftersales Director should shoulder that responsibility.

These are not criticisms by the way, just observations which may, of course, be no use to you at all, but I wish you good luck on improving your ratings.

ampwhu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W203 C200CDI Avantgarde se
I hope they pay you well!

These are only observations, without knowing your procedures, but if you'll allow me a final comment; if you are BOTH crazy busy all day long, then that detracts from your main role of looking after customers needs.

Deliveries and collections should surely be done by parts/stores?
Loan cars could be handled by your receptionist(s) as well.
Warranty claims could be set aside for your historically most quiet time and dealt with all at once on a weekly basis.
Trade customers.......I have no experience with what they require, except to comment that they are customers too.
Waiting customers should be everyone's responsibility from the top to the bottom. It is very good PR for anyone walking by to say hello and pass the time of day to your customers. Often this can lead to an opportunity to upsell.
Phone calls. One of my pet hates. The phone should be answered by anyone who is available if its unanswered for more than 3 rings.
Internal work. If that means keeping up with legislation, MOT updates, Software updates etc., then the Aftersales Director should shoulder that responsibility.

These are not criticisms by the way, just observations which may, of course, be no use to you at all, but I wish you good luck on improving your ratings.

couldn't have worded that better myself!

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Absolutely.

Pads, wear and tear, mechanical repairs are irrelevant; you can get it all done somewhere else.

As long as your routine servicing, and any additionals to that (sparks, air filter, brake fluid etc) are done at MB, you keep your mobilo. Forever.

I'm confused, does the value service maintain the mobilo? if it (the value service) does not (adhere to manufacturers guidelines), is that because it doesn't adhere to the manufacturers guideline?, and if it doesn't, why do you offer it?

I really rate mobilo, I feel dealers labour rate is what needs looked at, I appreciate it cannot compete with £60ph indies, but surely £80 as opposed to £112ph be better

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
What more can we do than not charge if nothing is found?! What a strange comment to make.

Not strange at all IF THE OWNER SAYS THERE IS A PROBLEM it's up to you to ****** well find not tell him that you can't. All that does is devalue your "Dealership even more"

I think you are just picking superior brains to upgrade your short comings as a "DEALERSHIP"

Have you got written permission from MBUK to carry out the "Survey"?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
I'm confused, does the value service maintain the mobilo? if it (the value service) does not (adhere to manufacturers guidelines), is that because it doesn't adhere to the manufacturers guideline?, and if it doesn't, why do you offer it?

I really rate mobilo, I feel dealers labour rate is what needs looked at, I appreciate it cannot compete with £60ph indies, but surely £80 as opposed to £112ph be better

It's offered as a direct alternative to going to an independent for a minor service. It's for people who are blinded by the fact that they're at a main dealer, and don't care about what's actually done on the service.

I agree re: labour rates.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's offered as a direct alternative to going to an independent for a minor service. It's for people who are blinded by the fact that they're at a main dealer, and don't care about what's actually done on the service.

I agree re: labour rates.

So cut them, tell us your dealership name and folks can use you.

You won't though..

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned

Not strange at all IF THE OWNER SAYS THERE IS A PROBLEM it's up to you to ****** well find not tell him that you can't. All that does is devalue your "Dealership even more"

I think you are just picking superior brains to upgrade your short comings as a "DEALERSHIP"

Have you got written permission from MBUK to carry out the "Survey"?

MBUK carry out the survey. As for the rest of your post, I'll speak to you once you've calmed down.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
So cut them, tell us your dealership name and folks can use you.

You won't though..

I'm just a lowly service advisor. I give discount where I can for those who ask nicely though!

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why not get your owner to look at this and respond then?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom