A new addition

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Congratulations as said will be be nice to see the pics. I think you’ll really enjoy the 9 spd box such an improvement on what went before.

My last car had this box, 2017 E63s, so I'm familiar with it. :)

It also had 4matic which I will miss for the grip but not the steering judder...

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Ah well, just been informed by MB Norwich that the car is running a day or so late. Basically this means that instead of delivery on Monday, it's now going to be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Not a problem to me really but my detailing guy is going to be upset when I tell him as he had it booked in for Tuesday.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Ah well, just been informed by MB Norwich that the car is running a day or so late. Basically this means that instead of delivery on Monday, it's now going to be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Not a problem to me really but my detailing guy is going to be upset when I tell him as he had it booked in for Tuesday.
That's disappointing with the delay . At least your detailing guy will have time to pick his buffing pads off the floor and wipe the grit off them :rolleyes:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Bit of a pain having to delay the detailer Dave. Hopefully the delay from the dealer is no longer than a day or two.

The excitement builds:D

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Epic car Dave....phantom winger soon (ish?)

20th October the next one John but weather dependant. Not so much for the car as it will be protected but for me as I ain't hanging about in the cold rain.

Bit of a pain having to delay the detailer Dave. Hopefully the delay from the dealer is no longer than a day or two.

Spoke to my detailer yesterday and he's fine with it Roger, especially as I suggested he kept it an extra day so he can now fit other jobs around it. Just pacifying him really. :D

The excitement builds:D

Not really, after nearly 5 months there's not much enthusiasm left...

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
20th October the next one John but weather dependant. Not so much for the car as it will be protected but for me as I ain't hanging about in the cold rain.
Agreed!

Spoke to my detailer yesterday and he's fine with it Roger, especially as I suggested he kept it an extra day so he can now fit other jobs around it. Just pacifying him really. :D
If he’s anything like mine ( just had the Gyeon MOHs done) hell like an extra day or so to be flexible

Not really, after nearly 5 months there's not much enthusiasm left...
Yeah gets like that but as you know it will be well worth it...

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Was smitten by these cars when I watched the Chris Harris video...

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Was smitten by these cars when I watched the Chris Harris video...

Saw that and enjoyed it though it's a very different car to the one I have coming. The Harris car was fitted with the M157 5.5tt engine whereas mine has the M177 4.0tt which I prefer having experienced one in my last E63s. There are an awful amount of minor body mods in the newer one as well, most noticeable being the Pan-Americana grille.

Mine is now in the country, though I still haven't got a confirmed delivery date. :( Hopefully soon...

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Well, the car is now being prepped at the dealers, not much for them to do to it really as it's not being cleaned, just a quick check over, number plated up and away hopefully.

All being well it'll be up here with me on Friday which will leave me the weekend for cleaning it up a bit and putting the little personal touches on it. It will then go to be ceramic coated next week and hopefully have a tracker fitted to appease the insurance company. All this has to be fitted in between real life and also a funeral which we still don't know the date of.

I may even get a chance to drive it in the next couple of weeks before the weather gets too bad. :D

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Well, the car is now being prepped at the dealers, not much for them to do to it really as it's not being cleaned, just a quick check over, number plated up and away hopefully.

All being well it'll be up here with me on Friday which will leave me the weekend for cleaning it up a bit and putting the little personal touches on it. It will then go to be ceramic coated next week and hopefully have a tracker fitted to appease the insurance company. All this has to be fitted in between real life and also a funeral which we still don't know the date of.

I may even get a chance to drive it in the next couple of weeks before the weather gets too bad. :D
Nice! Dave, jeez I'm almost as excited as you! Can't wait for plenty of pics once detailed.
:D

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Saw that and enjoyed it though it's a very different car to the one I have coming. The Harris car was fitted with the M157 5.5tt engine whereas mine has the M177 4.0tt which I prefer having experienced one in my last E63s. There are an awful amount of minor body mods in the newer one as well, most noticeable being the Pan-Americana grille.

Mine is now in the country, though I still haven't got a confirmed delivery date. :( Hopefully soon...
I wouldn't kick either one out of the garage... ;)

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
So, after a long wait the car has finally arrived. A few days late but this was due to minor delays both at the factory and then the docks. James at MB Norwich has been brilliant, constantly keeping in touch and making me aware of what's been happening throughout the whole process. He also managed to pinch a day from the transport company, enabling delivery this week and not next, which has helped a bit. It's obviously too late for my detailing guy to sort out this week unfortunately, but there's not a lot I can do about that as it's been out of my hands. I will however make sure that he's not completely out of pocket as he moved stuff around to accommodate me. The dealer hasn't touched the bodywork, purely due to my request, so it's not been cleaned apart from a very quick swill here, mainly just to get the water marks off it as it's been lashing down all morning.

I was going to lock myself and the car in the garage with it for a few hours but really not in the mood today. See what tomorrow brings I suppose.

A couple of quick pictures, a lot more to come when it's looking something like...

On delivery: -

20191004_092332.jpg

20191004_092344.jpg

20191004_092401.jpg

It's now in the garage washed and dried but I've had enough today.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Very nice colour combo, like that a lot!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom