A140 gearbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

farr

Reaction score
:cry:

I purchased an A140 Avantgarde Mercedes second hand last Sept - W reg. I am the second owner and the car has been fully serviced by Mercedes. It has 50,000 and last week the gearbox started playing up. Took it to a Mercedes dealer and now have a £3,500 bill for replacement gearbox as gearbox found to be defective. Has anyone had any probs like this with an A Class after only 50,000 and not even 4 years old? Thanks

piestore

Reaction score
a class box

Hi

I don't see how thay get to 3.5 k for a gearbox replacment. Did they try an ESKU claim (MB good will) . I would take it up with customer services at milton keynes

OP
F

farr

Reaction score
:cry: We have tried that. I sent a two page fax to Customer Services in Milton Keynes. After my car being in the garage for 1 week - they have said they will pay for the labour - £1200 odd but we still need to pay for the part £2,300 inc VAT. We are not happy that the gearbox has failed after 50,000 and has been fully serviced by Mercedes. We are still pursuing it and hope to get something a bit better out of them. This is our first ever Mercedes and I can tell you it has really put us off! We have only had the car for 6 months - (we are the second owner from new). Thanks for your advice anyway! If anyone has had any problems like this please post a message - it would be interesting to see if this is a common fault. The problem lies with the first gear not engaging once it gets to second gear it is ok. Thanks.

OP
F

farr

Reaction score
thanks I had heard of that website I may give it a go and see if any other AClass owners have had similar problems with their gearboxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom