A150 Windscreen washer & Manual

MercA150

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150/2006/1.5
Hi.

I've got a 2006 1.5L A150. The windscreen washer has gotten a lil bit clogged up. I was wondering if they were removable to clean, or if anyone has another method to restore the jet?

Also, I've been looking for a Haynes manual to help carry out general maintenance & servicing on the car, but I can only seem to find a 98-2004 :neutral:
Is there a manual available for 2006 models? (Doesn't have to be Haynes but must be easy to follow).

Many thanks.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Remove the supply tubing and use compressed air to clear the blockage. Just poking it with a pin will only force the muck further in.

There are no paper manuals for MB of that age or younger

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Using compressed air is not good either as that can just force rubbish in, this practice was stopped years ago. better off using something dissolves lime scale like acetic acid (strong vinegar 6 or more proof) this will not hurt the paint. It is said that Milton is good for cleaning out the tank.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Which is why one removes the supply pipe and applies the compressed air from below the nozzle, thus propelling any muck out from the nozzle, not in...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Which is why one removes the supply pipe and applies the compressed air from below the nozzle, thus propelling any muck out from the nozzle, not in...

If a straight run then OK but it was found years ago when we blew out crank shafts and cam shafts that some muck would get penned in the corners if there are any, only to come loose again and float around

OP
M

MercA150

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150/2006/1.5
Thanks for your replies folks.

I was going to ask how to access the hose between the washer tank & the washers, but I've had a wee look under the bonnet.

On the underside of the bonnet there are 3 screws, (1 left, 1 middle, 1 right). Taking out the screws on either side & pushing the plastic clips enables me to take off the left & right plastic fascia panels.
However, the main middle fascia that I need to remove to get access to the hose at the washers has 1 screw & 4 plastic plugs. I've tried to crush these plugs gently with pliers to get them through, but they don't want to budge.
If I break them, are they easily replaced, or, are they moulded to the middle panel?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom