1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A170 ABS and ESP/SPA Lights

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Bellacat Swaine, Nov 30, 2012.

After my husband disconnected the battery to swap it, these lights started to come on and I have taken it to a garage for a diagnostic test. The mechanic says it will cost me around £300 to supply and fit a new ABS sensor on one of the front wheels. Does anyone know if this is likely to be the cause and if this is a fair price?
    Thanks.
    :(:(

1. OP
    npuk

npuk Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
  2. Alex Crow

Alex Crow Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
    Just turn the steering wheel as far as it will go, in both directions - that should fix it (as above).

3. DavePrentice

DavePrentice Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    C230K 2002
    ABS Sensor

Steering wheel to left & right normally works after battery disconection. Certainly wouldnt advise a main dealer to do work. Thet tried to bump me for parts that were OK (ECU & SAM) unit when the problem was just a loose wire to the ABS sensor. Find a good indie locally would be my advice.