ABC control board?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I wonder why MB are intent on screwing their customer with all of these specialized parts and no spares or repair part, takes struts both Air and hydraulic, PSE pumps and all the rest, the parts that break cost peanuts compared to what MB charge for the complete things.

Other than that it is all a total waste to the environment

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Alex could I just go back to the comment about a Euro Car Spares pump? Just spoke to them, its a special order item at £239.95+ and has 12 months warranty. Is there a massive bad record on them? Given you could buy three for the equivalent MB cost...isnt it worth a try? Why doesnt everyone use them...
Cheers

Got to be worth a try

OP
C

Chris Turner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 (02)
Has to be doesn't it. I'll report back in due course. Hope they don't have a hissy fit about putting it on.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
i fitted a euros pump a month or so ago at customers express request, i was not happy with it at all.

problems included...

damage to flange requiring much filing before pulley would fit.
very clumsy paint thrown on, paint inside pipe connections could cause expensive havock with ABC system and great expense.
inlet elbows were wrong, and needed swapping - not easy.
did not pump up initially (i know all about bleeding feed pipes from tank before startup) - eventually responded to a tap with mallet.
paint on solenoid valve pins needed removing before fitting, could have caused problems for those less observant.

generally a cheaply fixed part, with a shoddy coat of paint, that was not supplied chassis specific, and did not work correctly - ABC system deserves respect and careful repair to avoid knock on issues, sometimes cheap works out expensive in the end.

the price says it all really...

Top Bottom