Abc

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced problems with the Active Body Control on the 220-600? I would be interested to hear your experiences. Thanks:?:

OP
eric242340

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
Spheres? could you expand on this word, thank you

OP
eric242340

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
do you mean the expansion valves or the ride height. or do you mean the system needs purging from time to time, or do you mean we need to adjust the ride height with star diagnostics-from time-to-time? thank you for giving me some thought

OP
eric242340

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
does anyone have a new opinion?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
They can leak sometimes, but i have not seen any other recorded problems.
The ride takes me back to the CX days, its supurb,the cornering too.

Malcolm

OP
eric242340

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
Just changed the noisy steering pump and the customer says the same noise came back. I am in southern China. The owner took the car to Beijing and said a garage there changed the pump again, and now its ok. But when he left here the Active Body Control was working fine with no noise and all DAS readings were normal. Now I have another 220-600 with a noisy pump and that makes me nervous. These pumps are not cheap and I dont want to loose my reputation. So i wondered what experience other owners have had. Thanks eric:confused:

jonathanjhann

Reaction score
you have to fill the reservoir with fluid, before running the engine after fitting the new pump, then pressurise the reservoir with a pressure tester to force the fluid into the pump. Then with pressure on the fluid in the reservoir get an assistant to start the car briefly to take the fluid. Switch off then recheck the level and repeat the process. If you dont do this the seals in the pump operate dry, along with the bearings, thus causing the noise.

OP
eric242340

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
you have to fill the reservoir with fluid, before running the engine after fitting the new pump, then pressurise the reservoir with a pressure tester to force the fluid into the pump. Then with pressure on the fluid in the reservoir get an assistant to start the car briefly to take the fluid. Switch off then recheck the level and repeat the process. If you dont do this the seals in the pump operate dry, along with the bearings, thus causing the noise.
Thanks for that, but the tech did this, I followed the job from start to finish as the Tech was new to this workshop. However it still whent wrong and Im wondering if I missed something or maybe this system may have defects as yet unknown.:confused:

type49

Reaction score
I think there is a mod to change the pipe which has a restrictor on it (next to the pump). Not a nice job - you thought the pump was bad.........

OP
eric242340

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
I think there is a mod to change the pipe which has a restrictor on it (next to the pump). Not a nice job - you thought the pump was bad.........

I have all the updated info to nov 2006 on MB and see no Modification in this area. The pump was noisy, and its an ongoing problem. Not just with one car. Even worse, no reported defects. Im begining to wonder my sanity.:confused:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom