ABS module

Steveniscurly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 316 2012 plate
The ABS module on my 2012 Sprinter needs replacing. The good folk at Mercedes will supply a new unit for the princely sum of £1750.
I can get a tested and working exact match second hand unit for between £150-300.
Question for the forum is can a second hand unit be recoded to work on my van or will I need to get the new one?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
you can go to various places and have the designed to fail issues removed. it should come back guaranteed for life (circa £250)

I have used BBA on one car and on my bike (because fewer companies support the fix) ECU testing (they like you to provide the error codes when you send it in)

fixing yours ought to be far more sensible than a random secondhand one of unknown condition - and if it has specific set up / software / TC, for your vehicle there'll be no need to reprogramme any software

https://www.ecutesting.com/product-catalogue/mercedes/sprinter/abs-pump-ecumodule-combined/

OP
S

Steveniscurly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 316 2012 plate
you can go to various places and have the designed to fail issues removed. it should come back guaranteed for life (circa £250)

I have used BBA on one car and on my bike (because fewer companies support the fix) ECU testing (they like you to provide the error codes when you send it in)

fixing yours ought to be far more sensible than a random secondhand one of unknown condition - and if it has specific set up / software / TC, for your vehicle there'll be no need to reprogramme any software

https://www.ecutesting.com/product-catalogue/mercedes/sprinter/abs-pump-ecumodule-combined/

Thanks Botus but I have tried ECUTESTING and others and they won’t touch my unit (A9069009101) because it is glued rather than bolted.

This is why it looks like I have to go down the replacement route which is why I was asking whether a second hand exact match can be wiped and recoded to my vehicle.

Any ideas about that?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
if you match all the numbers (on the cars u get 3 numbers the part, the software, and the hardware) - I think it would be plug and play.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom