Accelerator stuck on full at start-up

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Thanks for the feedback, very pleased you sorted it without any great expense and took the time to inform us what the problem was.

OP
S

sharky1

Reaction score
Broken return valve holder at injector pump

Hi there
I am a new member and
I am hoping someone can assist me in a solution for a serious problem that has occured. I was in the proccess of removing return valve holder at the injector pump of my 1995 E250 dsl because of heavy diesel leak from under base of return valve holder.When with no warning the return valve holder broke leaving the treaded piece in injector pump. What can I do, does anyone have any advice for me. Is there a tool that can be got to remove broken part without having to remove Injector pump?
It looks like maybe it was previously damaged/cracked and I just finished the job
Any advice would be really appreciated
Sharky1

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Hi, There are various types of extractor tools available, go to your nearest engineering works and get their advice, they may lend/hire you a tool.

OP
S

sharky1

Reaction score
Broken return valve holder at injector pump

Hi there thanks for the advice, tried engineering shop here but no luck from them, I was browsing the net this afternoon and came accross simular problem as mine article advised using torque/spline tool, so happened to have right size in my toolbox and it worked a treat & ended up a complete success, it removed the broken return valve holder very cleanly without damage.
Just ordered new valve holder/ collar and spring, coming from England next wednesday €70.00 including vat and carriage
Very lucky I must say as otherwise complete pump would have to come out.
Kindest Regards
sharky1

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi sharky 1,, just saying hello :D its nice to have you on board ;)

Sorry that I missed most of your post but I was having a rest when you first posted.

You are very capable

OP
S

sharky1

Reaction score
Thanks televison for thekind words

Thank you televison
for the kind greeting and compliment it means a lot,
Just new to the forum trying to find my footing, I have worked on petrol Mercedes for years, just lately bought an 1995 E250 dsl, first time I have ever worked on one and am not as sure footed as with the petrols but finding great advice here. My intention, I hope is to share problems encountered and post detailed fixs when found
Kind regards
Sharky1

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom