Acelerator Button

h_sportline

Reaction score
I have a Mercedes 300CE [W124]

The button behide the accelerator which is suppose to give more power or something doesn't work, I've tried pushing the button while driving many times but nothing happens :( The switch clicks when you put your foot completly down, Sorry all I don't know what the buttons called :(

Can anyone help me please

Many Thanks In Advance

H

Last edited:

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
it's the kickdown switch or relay that's at fault

although I'm not too sure how to test it. Search the site on Kickdown and see what comes up

OP
H

h_sportline

Reaction score
The car is slow at take off aswell, I've seen a thread which seems like the same problem. I'm going to the check out this kickdown switch behide the acelerator and relay, Is there anything else that I should check?

Also where abouts shall I look for this relay?

Sorry all I'm abit confused as I've just sorted the water/fan system now got this :-(

Many Thanks Again In Avance

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Try adjusting the length of the throttle cable. When I bought my C220D, it was a real slug and sometimes refused to kick down. I thought it was just a really slow old diesel, but when I adjusted the cable, (right hand side of engine right at the back just under the corner of the bonnet), it went like **** off a stick, for a diesel, that is.

OP
H

h_sportline

Reaction score
Cheers Mate :D

How tight shall I tighten it?

Top Bottom