Active Lane Assist

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
That's pretty conclusive there's an issue with a front sensor.

Cricket1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 200 CGI
You’d have thought so eh! But the code A86/2b1 also references the rear bumper sensor! So have one or both gone? Or is the diagnostic a load of misinformation!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If it's ambiguous you may just need a better code reader to look at it (eg Star/Xentry).

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

wrenchmoto2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class, 2008, 1.8
I know I'm blonde......;)
But shouldn't the steering system be used to steer the car, instead of the brakes.
Am I missing something?

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I know I'm blonde......;)
But shouldn't the steering system be used to steer the car, instead of the brakes.
Am I missing something?

Braking on one side will 'drag' the car that way - perhaps less intrusive & more effective for the purpose, than turning the wheel?

I don't really know, however I'm sure MB have done their homework.:)

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Not indicating shows (If you’re driving correctly) that you’ve checked and there’s no one to indicate to. Automatically indicating can show a lack of awareness and that because you’ve indicated you’re safe to make the manoeuvre.
Advanced driving about not indicating hasn't changed and has been in place for many many years.

very well put
and as an aside most of your intentions should be obvious from your road positioning

surprised the original poster had the brakes come on.... isn't lane assist a nudge on the steering ? If it was braking in a very lively manner it might be another system that decided something else was a bit close and "its helped" you miss it. I can get this on mine and its irritating (on mine this is part of the active cruise and a safety feature BAS plus).

its an issue that will become more problematic as we allow lower and lower skills on the roads. The manufacturers are adding more and more irritants to help. As many need them they have chosen to have them always on each time you turn the key. The traction control on modern motorbikes is particularly irritating reining back normal performance when grip levels are perfectly good. Particularly dim when they have chosen not to pick tyre temp or rain sensor data as part of the maths

OP
Ron240

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
surprised the original poster had the brakes come on.... isn't lane assist a nudge on the steering ?
It's not even a nudge just a vibration, but it can also applies the brakes to one side of the vehicle.
I have never had it brake when simply changing lanes though, only when moving onto an exit slip road on an empty dual carriageway.
Having said that my system has become much less intrusive recently, to the point where I hardly notice any vibration through the wheel and have not had any braking. Maybe the system has learned my driving style and decided not to bother. :D
https://www.mercedes-benzsouthwest.co.uk/about/news-and-events/active-lane-keeping-assist/

wrenchmoto2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class, 2008, 1.8
surprised the original poster had the brakes come on.... isn't lane assist a nudge on the steering ?
My understanding is that it doesn't use the steering system to steer the car, it uses the brakes (applied to different wheels) to steer it.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom