Admiral - any good?

moosehead

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230/2005/2.5L Avantgarde SE Sport Pack Estate, SLK230/1999 and Volvo XC60/2017 AWD
I've just renewed ours with Admiral - £555 for both vehicles fully comp, protected NCD, etc. This was the first renewal and the premium had only gone up by a few pounds. I did a couple of internet searches but it became clear that it is still competitive. I've just had my vehicle MOT'd and my mileage has dropped off in recent years as a result of fuel prices and working from home so I mentioned this and needless to say it reduced the premium by a further £45.

Of course the proof of the pudding is when you come to make a claim and the subsequent impact on premiums despite having protected NCD.

munafb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 cdi 53
be careful with this lot, I was with them for 5 years no issues until a claim.
as issue with them is at litigation I can not give details yet but will post full details in due course.

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Dont you just want to spit.

Insurance companies, dont they just make you want to spit, They were notified the day of the theft and criminal damage and bearing in mind this vehicle is my livelyhood.

They have done naf all, I've supplied them with all the details using their help line and Email they have been given Policy No, incident No, Crime reference No, Location of vehicle repairers where vehicle is stored. They have been contacted daily for the last 4 days and still no response. I have not even been sent a claim form. It is now a week today that it happened and still nothing done from the insurance Company.

On the offchance that someone on here may just work for them they are PJ Weller (Barking) my broker, and Service Underwriting are the insurers.

GET YOUR ****** FINGER OUT and lets have some action.

Last edited:

mercauto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180classic
Age UK - Motor Insurance

I recently became an owner of a C180 Classic and upon checking online, found Ageuk, their quote was the cheapest and in fact, I was amazed at how cheap it was for fully comps.

mantaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 cdi
i have just renewed my insurance for my daughter with bell insurance as her current insurer diamond wanted the same premium as last year (her first year) 2000 pounds.. because probaly she had two claims in her first year bell wanted only 850 pounds which is a helluva saving considering diamond, bell elephant and admiral are the same company...you have to shop around!

fozzymandeus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SL350
My renewal from Admiral this year was double last year.

Granted I've changed from a Renault Clio F1 to the Mercedes, but still!

I wrangled with Admiral and they finally made a competetive quote for my wife's car and my tired old VW, but the quote for the SL was still north of £1000.

I dug a little further and realised that Admiral make you pay an enormous premium for monthly payments. In my case they wanted £260!

In the end my best quote was from Tesco - Swiftcover were cheapest but their cover was rather basic.

avro

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class / 2002 / 2000
i had an A4 last year insured with admiral then found the c class i wanted ( at a very good price) so rang admiral about changing the insurance over.
i was very supprised when i spoke to the lady that far from having to pay more that even after admin cost's i would be reciving a small cheque when i asked why i was told that due to the car easier repair status (bolt on wings ect,) and better safety.
the cost was less it turned out to be a very small amount on the check but was welcomed any way :p

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have just gone over to them, with a price of £425 for the SL and £225 I think it was for the V70R it makes good sense for me and the V70 now comes free. Nice to see as well that I get 90 days overseas included as well.

I always take a £500 excess for I would never claim if under £1k

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208

If you use the likes of comparethemarket you can play with the excess costs and see how it affects your quotes. Some give the same price for 300 and over so theres no point in always just accepting a high excess.

Talking of which, two years ago when I was looking at quotes, I had a call from one of them saying, you received a quote from us on comparethemarket and I believe we were the cheapest. I replied, yes you was, but you had a compulsory excess of 3500 so no thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you use the likes of comparethemarket you can play with the excess costs and see how it affects your quotes. Some give the same price for 300 and over so theres no point in always just accepting a high excess.

Talking of which, two years ago when I was looking at quotes, I had a call from one of them saying, you received a quote from us on comparethemarket and I believe we were the cheapest. I replied, yes you was, but you had a compulsory excess of 3500 so no thanks.

Yes true they vary a lot in this respect and some have a very low excess level that is hardly worth while, odd really you would think that they would be happy with no minor claims to get involved with

PINBALL

Reaction score
Website
www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 E230 / 124 E220 /124 E280 /210 E320 CDI Wagons
Hey people, seems to me that no one has mentioned anything about a 10 year NCD that all EEC insurers have, so if we ever go over to thier way of sensible thinking your all going to end up paying a lot more for your insurances anyway!

Whilst living in France in 07 I made enquiries for insurance there and they quoted me just 30% ncd even though I was on 65% with UK Sun Alliance who said they could not produce proof of anything more than past 5 years to French insurers.

After returning back here in 08, I phoned around to find an insurer keeping records for past 10 years & the only one then was ESURE who were not only cheaper than SA but better on excess of 1st 250 quid.
I have stayed with them and just renewed for £279 including motor legal protection and ncd for life, including any amount of claims! paid 2 years ago for additional £30. odd.

I now have a 9 years ncd at 73% & if I make it back to living in EU sometime I will have a full 10 year ncd to go with, to insure my aging E280 thats still got plenty of life left, so long as the rust isnt a problem.

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
I have just gone over to them, with a price of £425 for the SL and £225 I think it was for the V70R it makes good sense for me and the V70 now comes free. Nice to see as well that I get 90 days overseas included as well.

You will find that the ''overseas'' inclusive is absolutely minimum cover which for me needs increasing.
Whilst on the subject of insurance I learned yesterday, my Volvo is coming up for renewal, that Aviva are now doing multi car insurances......not on their web site yet but available by telephone.

Mic

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey people, seems to me that no one has mentioned anything about a 10 year NCD that all EEC insurers have, so if we ever go over to thier way of sensible thinking your all going to end up paying a lot more for your insurances anyway!

Whilst living in France in 07 I made enquiries for insurance there and they quoted me just 30% ncd even though I was on 65% with UK Sun Alliance who said they could not produce proof of anything more than past 5 years to French insurers.

After returning back here in 08, I phoned around to find an insurer keeping records for past 10 years & the only one then was ESURE who were not only cheaper than SA but better on excess of 1st 250 quid.
I have stayed with them and just renewed for £279 including motor legal protection and ncd for life, including any amount of claims! paid 2 years ago for additional £30. odd.

I now have a 9 years ncd at 73% & if I make it back to living in EU sometime I will have a full 10 year ncd to go with, to insure my aging E280 thats still got plenty of life left, so long as the rust isnt a problem.

Lovely to hear from you again :grin::grin:

munafb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 cdi 53
re my issues with admiral.

Finally admiral litigation has finished.

here's the full story.

I had been with them for 5 years, never really had to call them apart from at renewal. However back in dec 09 had a accident and reported to admiral. claim started and admiral accept liability. 3 days later I buy a new car and call to change vehicle and go through proposal again. turns out admiral have not noted point on wifes licence. Advised these were notified to them at renewal. told they would investigate. receive call 2 days later advising no record and no trace of my call to the.. raise dispute again recieve letter few weeks later that they have voided policy and would not pay out. (note at this stage they have not even requested telephone number I call them from but says no telephone recording, how can they check this?). In the meantime they deal with claim from third party and pay out.. 2 months later they send me request to settle third party claim advising they will not pay and will only pay once third party have obtained ccj againt me. (they have already paid third party) countless letters sent by me to them all ignored. 3 months later they appoint solicitor who without my knowledge obtains ccj. I only find out about ccj after solicitor tries to enforce ccj. apply to court for ccj to be set aside. As I have proof no contact by solicitor ccj set aside and I am allowed to file defence. I file a defence and court agree needs to go to trial. Pre-trial forms completed. Before trial date set admiral write to agree to discontinue claim if both parties agree to bear own legal cost. I agree as I have no cost as i did all court work my self. there solicitors cost in region of £5k.

harry.berry

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor Elegance Saloon
I use Admirals at the moment, had no problems yet.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom